Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rhodos brasserie on Col Des Aravis - burnt down :(

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.ledauphine.com/haute-savoie/2012/01/23/le-restaurant-les-rhodos-est-partie-en-fumee

This was my favourite place for lunch in that neck of the woods. Bah!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just read your link on this paulio, I remember seeing the place when we drove over there in the summer.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I drove past it yesterday. It's completely gutted. As am I.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Its rather bizarre as we have just been talking about fires as we have a friend staying who did a season in Meribel years ago as a chalet host and she said that the guests were banned from cooking on her day off as the insurance would not cover any damage caused by fire and there had been a fire in another chalet which destroyed the kitchen - she used to take the bits off the gas cooker on the top so it wouldn't work.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I just can't imagine what it must feel like to see your home/livelyhood all burnt down like this...
It's upsettting to look at even if it doesn't actually affect you...
Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hmm, the Spammer is slow today.......................
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
very sad. We've stopped there in summer quite a few times. There have been three chalets completed gutted by fire in our small neck of the woods, in the years we've been here - still a significant risk, with so much wood and all those wood burning stoves. The one in our local restaurant used to give my brother in law the willies - he does chimneys/fires for a living and said the set up was very dangerous, with metal flue going up through the wooden ceiling. The proprietor was an old Savoyard hand and obviously mastered it, but his successor had a brand new set up installed - probably at the insistence of whoever gave him the mortgage.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing, I think you'll find the Spammer was pretty quick off the mark and posted in the La Clusaz thread last week specifically to tell paulio (from whom there's no chance of making money seeing as he lives in the area) the terrible news. The Spammer appreciates your attention, though, and will make an effort to post more prominently to make sure you don't miss them. What a shame ski4fun transfers don't serve this area - a pimping partnership could have worked so well. wink

As Kruisler, said, once the owners got over the fear of having to be rescued from the roof, can you imagine just how desperate they must have felt to see their home and livelihood go up in smoke? And a real shame for the staff who had jobs there for the season, not to mention the little shops up there. The Chalet Savoyard is also very good but doesn't open in the winter. The place opposite is fine for late night drinks with the farmers, but not in the same league as the others IMO. I really hope for their sake - and everyone else who enjoys being there - that they are back soon; it is quite amazing how quickly high-quality chalets are installed.

There was another fire down in Flumet this season which we heard about because the Val d'Arly Tourist Office emailed round everyone asking if we could donate clothes etc. for the families.

At least no one was hurt.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
miranda, Don't www.ski4funtransfers.co.uk serve your area! where are you based then? Toofy Grin
But you where a bit slow off the mark today Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy