Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Don't you just love automated church bell ringing systems?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If, like me, you like to get a good nights sleep, you live in the UK and that means 11-7:30 or 8:30am, then it can come as some surprise when on your ski holiday to find their idea is to wake you at (UK) 6am with a resounding blast of 40+ chimes, followed by regular dongs on the quarter/half hour. And that goes on until 11 at night, so no afternoon nap either.

If, like me, you would like your TO to let you know that a church similar to the above is 50' from your window and THEY DON'T BOTHER (for obvious monetary gain on their behalf), you might imagine one may get a tad annoyed. In fact, you might suppose this poster will never use them again. You'd be correct.

If you know of resorts which suffer from this phenomena, perhaps we can let everybody know who are the worst offenders.

Allow me to start the list:-

CORVARA
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tignes - much more civilised - bells from 0900-2100 only, luck as I can see them from the dorma!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tignes - much more civilised - bells from 0900-2100 only, luck as I can see them from the dorma!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
About 10 years ago I remember the central church in Megeve rang every hour on the hour, 24 hrs a day. What was really great is that they would just chime once, then two minutes later chime again, just to make sure. If the first didn't get you, the second surely would.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My in-laws have a clock in there house which does that! After our complaints thought father in law modified it to add a switch which disables the chime so that they can now turn them off when we are staying there. Don't get me wrong during the week my alarm goes off before 6am but I try (kids allowing) to sleep in until 7am on weekends).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The one along the street from my house in the Netherlands was on every quarter hour from 7am to 10pm. Think it was a tune on every half hour, and bongs on every quarter, and then permanent tunes all day on a few religious days. Actually quite a lot of churches and a couple more like cathedrals, so you get used to a bong from each, all with clocks set a bit different.
It's weird being away once you're so used to it, and don't hear 7am bongs on a Sunday. But annoying when you return from 3 weeks away to get the tunes and bongs again.

Here is just 10am church bongs on a Sunday.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy