Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine - Crystal Club Hotel Le Totem

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Le Totem next saturday a bit worried as a few negative reviews lately on trip advisor about the state of the place and the staff. Anyone been there recently. One review mentioned their childs bed wet from previous guest - urine....and they tried covering up with a blanked. We're going with two kids so feeling a bit apprehensive about the place. Given that it is being renovated for next season into apartments my fear is that the staff don't care as they only found out recently. Found out myself from Crystal.

Great to hear any comments from you all
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not been there myself - BUT if if you arrive and it is looking grim, speak very strongly to the rep while you are there and get moved out ! From past experience dont get fobbed off, you have paid for this holiday and you want to be able to enjoy it. Fingers crossed it wont be as bad as what people say, have fun
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I hope you have a good time, please post as to how it goes. I did look a going there for last season but went with Esprit in the end a bit more expensive but enticed by all the good reports here and put off Crystal by a bad holiday with them previously
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hello
just got back from there yesterday so will do my best to give you my honest view. The hotel its self is situated in a fantastic postition you really couldnt get any nearer to the slopes. Just outside the back door there is a fantastic little slope for the kids to sledge or bum board which they did every day. The snow conditions are fantastic it snowed every day but one so no worries on that score. Now the hotel. The Crystal reps are absolutely fantastic and could not do more you you or your children and are always on hand. Yes the rooms are basic but our room was clean and comfortable and hot water was plentyful. The ski looker room itself is rather small and does get crowded with parents and children off to ski school but can only be expected in a hotel which caters for children so not a real issue. Breakfast time was quite hit and miss one morning we got there for 7.50 to find no tables, bread, butter, milk or coffee and very few staff. So from then on we made the effort to get up early as was in the breakfast area for 7.30 and found it quiet and still plenty available. Lunch was good maybe only two choices but again enough to keep you going and was not too busy. Evening meals however were a bit more stressfull. Your children can eat at 6.00 and you can book to eat at 6.30 or 8 15 we chose to eat at 6.30 so were able to feed the children and sit with them and they fed us after 6.30. there was another family however wo chose to eat at 8.15 as they had older children and were treated in my opinion terrible. They were given 30 minutes to have the children fed and out of the restaurant which was impossible as on some evenings you were waiting for the very limited choice of food to be replenished. In the end the staff made that group of children sit in the reception area to eat there dinner. The food I found was not suitable for children on some occasions but after many complaints it did seem to imporve. The adult meals are set and you have no choice of courses. the portions are very small and very rare did they come more than luke warm but were tasty if you liked what you were given. The waitresses did try hard but to be honest I think they were trying to make the meals far to fancy for the amount of people they were catering for.
If you have booked the wizz kids be confident that the children will be well looked aftrer as again I cant stress enough how helpful the crystal reps were and would bend over backwards to help.
Just a little tip if you purchase a card from the reps for thebar you can save on a well earned pint in the evening works out a savng of about 1.50 euro. hope this helps if you have any more questions just let me know
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stayed at Le Totem over Christmas.
Excellent location, which possibly makes up for deficiencies elsewhere. The family room which we had was clean and comfortable, and the one or two issues that we had (blown light and broken door card) were sorted quickly and efficiently. The major problem with this hotel are the dining arrangements. Breakfast was a bit of a free for all, the buffet lunch was good, but the evening meals were a complete shambles. Kids tea wasn't up to much, and the adult meals were nice but insufficient to feed hungry skiers. I felt that the hotel tried to offer posh food at the expense of quantity. Waiting to be seated for evening meals was up to an hour, even though there were empty tables. Waiting staff were obviosly rushed off their feet.
The 5 course Christmas Eve Gala Dinner was not 5 courses. The Traditional Christmas Day Gala meal didn't materialise either.
We did have an excellent time though. Helped enormously by the childcare staff. We had our 2 kids (5 & 3) booked in the whizzclusive, and although expensive it was well worth it.
Ski locker room was small but ok.

Location location location.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, we havent stayed there this year, we will be there in March, but have stayed there for the last few years for a week. I have also seen a number of negative reports on trip advisor which worried me before going. However each year we have had a great time, hence the repeat visits, and talking to other guests they were repeat customers also. As with any hotel, if your not happy with anything ask the staff to sort it out. The last 2 years the hotel has been run by Langley staff ( a Swedish company) with Crystal team running the kids clubs and resort rep etc. Food is very good quality if a little on small size in the evenings for the adults. They have served kid meals at 5.30 in past years which we have used for our son, they could choose from 2 options, but some of the choices were too adult in their seasoning, my advice would be to look at what is being served and if your kids dont like some of the dish as for it to be taken off before it comes from the kitchen if they are a bit fussy as most are. Each year I have left feedback asking for simpler kids meals, doesnt sound like they have got the message yet. I think you get good value for money at the Totem overall, best bits of course are the great skiing area, good food on the mountain for lunch and a great location. Hope you have a great time next week, conditions are looking really good.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy