Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which powder ski ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

I'm looking for either 100 offpiste ski or 70% off / 30% on

I currently ski with a Salomon Tornado Ti which is 70% on piste Length 171

Expert ski on piste, good off piste Height 5ft 10 Weight 14st

recommendations please!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JJ
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you want an offpiste ski or a powder ski? Not identical usage, a pure powder ski stays at home or in the locker quite a lot.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob, offpiste
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Volkl Mantra or Gotama?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Salomon Czar everyday powder ski, 111 under foot, carves, short radius, bump hound, 47 metre turn radius ensures high speed stability; use with a Marker "touring binding" to get plate effect for high lift agility; marvellous
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've found the Moment Bibby Pro to be a perfect all round offpiste ski for Austrian conditions. Super surfy in the pow, but also incredibly versatile the rest of the time too (even on piste). Easy to use and playful, yet still chargeable. I use them much more than I expected to.

Decent amount of rocker in the tip an tail, normal camber underfoot, tip/tail taper in the rockered section, normal sidecut in the cambered underfoot section, 118mm underfoot. Similar to the Armada JJ mentioned above, but without the JJ's little girl's sidecut wink

At 5ft 9 and 74kgs, the 190 is perfect for me.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 28-01-12 21:06; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sally Rocker 2

Faction 3.Zero
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
1969jma wrote:
fatbob, offpiste

Are you a hard charger, or do you ski more short/medium radius turns? Mainly resort/side-country or backcountry?

I've been skiing some Rossignol S3s this season and have been loving them for resort/side-country short/medium radius skiing. They would be too turny if you're a hard charger and I'd probably go slightly wider underfoot if I was skiing more backcountry.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
DPS Wailers - and enjoy the looks in lift queue - ski rather well also Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Zag Slap 185 def worth a look at.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spinout, and 50% off from their online store.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy