Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

which ski amade resort for short break in half term week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, am thinking of short break to Ski Amade from Mon 13 Feb to Fri 17 Feb. We would not be arriving at Salzburg airport until approx 8pm on the Monday evening, and need to be back at the airport at 8am on the Friday. Which resort has short easy transfer (am prepared to pay for a taxi) and would be good skiing for 3 of us - all intermediates, me a cautious 40 something, pllus 2 teenagers. Ideally looking for mix of blue and red runs.

All suggestions welcomed.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bump
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try Hochkonig, interlinked pistes from Muhlbach-Maria alm, approx 1 hr from Salzburg, relatively cheap by alpine standards, Maria alm probably the liveliest area, very pretty and great for intermediates. Lots of blue and reds, 32km trip between maria alm and muhlbach with plenty of eateries on the way, will take you all day assuming you stop for coffee in the morning, 3/4 hour for lunch and another coffee in the afternoon. My group really enjoyed it and will be going back. Bit of an undiscovered gem.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Lilywhite - any recommendations for accommodation and transfers?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We did a cheap package with neilson but that's whole week, the guesthouse we stayed at was very very clean, the owners English was not great so we played charades over a very decent continental breakfast. The ski bus stop is at the bottom of the road and the centre of the village about 10 mins walk if bus not running. It's called haus aberger www.sbg.at/aberger.rosina I would go again happily, heated boot/ski room, clean, friendly, very good coffee! Sorry can't help with transfer enquiry but if you Google Maria alm tourism they have a very comprehensive site which may assist you. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gamekeeper, You might consider here. http://www.austrian-adventures.com/

They are great supporters of Snowheads and highly recommended. I stayed there with my son a few weeks ago and had a great time and I would go back there next week if I could. Ben and Angela will make you most welcome. snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Geepee, thanks for that - did they provide transfers or did you make your own way there? Which areas on Ski Amada pass did you ski from there, and were they easy to get to via ski bus etc?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gamekeeper, We had a hire car which was snowed in the first day, so we used the local ski bus to the Radstadt lifts. There are buses to other areas but we used the car to get around. It might be worth ringing Ben to see what he can do for you.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Gamekeeper. We are thinking of maria alm for next half term with our 3 children - ages 12 ( skis with us), 8 ( needs ski school) and 5 ( needs the Austrian equivalent of piou-piou). We normally ski in France ( 3 Vallees or Paradiski) but as we now restricted to school holidays we want to find sometihng which will be fairly quiet in the Feb half term and want a good ski school with supervised lunch for our younger two. I have heard that Maria Alm is normally quiet in comparison to the French resorts at Feb half term. Please let me know how your week goes and what the skiing is like. I would welcome any other info on Maria Alm from other snowheads too ! Many thanks
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
gamekeeper, They generally do pick ups and drop offs at the airport if you ask them. I stayed there this season, great place.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy