Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What have you forgotten?

Poster: A snowHead
After 4 hours sleep and a 2am

start I got three quarters of the way to Birmingham airport from Bristol this morning and realised I'd left my ski jacket at home. I'm now resigned to spending several hundred pounds on a replacement in resort. Could probably have turned back and still made the flight but it would have most llikely resulted in a speeding ticket!

Anyone know of a not too expensive shop in les menuires or Val Thorens that does decent jackets?

What ski related gear have you forgotten before?!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The keys to the ski racks on a bluebird powder day. Fixed the problem with a tyre iron Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lip salve- gutted - cost me two quid to replace Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
afrothunder88, At least you'll find a massive choice in ValTho .... have a good holiday
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
To wax my skis. Laughing

Tried to forget wife and kid. They reminded me in good time though. Confused
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Have to admit I too once left my ski jacket at home, however I got very lucky and for the two weeks I was in resort I had perfect weather and was thus fine with just the fleeces I had with me
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Done the Jacket thing going to Vail...found an ugly one in resort for less than $40, I think. This has been an active topic on Epic this past week http://www.epicski.com/t/109329/dumb-ways-to-ruin-a-ski-trip

The most interesting was about an American whose family left a bag on a train in Europe and his efforts to track it down http://www.epicski.com/t/109329/dumb-ways-to-ruin-a-ski-trip/60#post_1422660
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
afrothunder88, oh mate Sad would be funny if you picked up a vile cheap one Laughing someone would take it off your hands on ebay

i forgot my daughters snow boots - we were going to Courch 1850. I seem to recall that they didnt cost much more than a burger and fries served by a surly waiter rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The heel part of the bindings for both sets of skis. They were still in the bag back at the house.
This was our second attempt to ski after moving to the Haute Pyrenees. The day before after a morning of unpacking, we tried to drive up but had no chains and spent hours trying to find somewhere that had any left. By which time the roads had cleared but the lifts had shut...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not forgotten but on an early boys trip to Chamonix the roof box on the car was not closed properly and my mate's ski jacket fell out somewhere on the motorway.

On the return to Geneva from Verbier a couple of weeks ago one of our guys left his passport in the apartment. Didn't realise until we were almost at Geneva. Embarassed
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not skiing, but I did go away for the weekend to Girona and got to the airport to find that my luggage isn't in the car at all! (He thought I had, I thought he had) What had been sold to the OH as a bargain weekend away all of a sudden wasn't quite so cheap after all.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Annie, Ooops Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I left the carefully-folded pile of ski jackets on the sofa a couple of years ago. Our kind instructor friend in resort lent us some of his old jackets for the week, with ISIA etc badges intact. Didn't have the chutzpah to try to jump queues - would have been just my luck to trip over my skis if I had tried it.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OH left forgot to pack any trollies on a trip to Bardonecchia - the only replacements we could find were 35 euros a pair. He spent the evenings washing his 1 pair of pants in the bidet.

OH forgot to pack my ski jacket in the roof box year, luckily it was Easter and managed to pick up a bargain in the resort sales.

I didn't listen when my daughter told me her coat was too small and her snow boots leaked (same holiday as hubbies drawers) that resulted in some very expensive Italian shopping & one spectacular year I had to buy 3 new ski jackets. Erm, perhaps I'll just not bother packing anything for our next trip, just buy it all there.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Son #1 travelled from Austria to France for a race earlier this month - only to find that he'd left his boots and helmet back at the Austrian base!
latest report
Not skiing related but went on a Scotland football trip a few years back to Macedonia via London and Bulgaria and it was only on the day before we came home when i decided it was time to give the kilt a day off that I realised I hadn't packed any boxers. They were in a neatly folded pile on the couch when I got home.
ski holidays
So that's the answer, then. Good to know these things. Laughing
latest report
Not quite as extreme, but drove up to Nevis Range a couple of weeks ago and I had forgot my gloves. My friend had biking (fingerless) gloves that I used. Boy that was cold.
snow report
Some excellent stories there! Particularly the ski rack with no keys and the racer with no boots or helmet!

At the chalet now, had my first beer and its snowing!

Luckily the chalet owner has a high vis jacket that I can use for the week if the jackets are ridiculously expensive!

Now, to the lift pass office!
snow report
Once went camping and I forgot to take the bolts to reassemble the bbq, then we discovered OH had forgotten the gas so we had no means of cooking - we were travelling independently but a Keycamp rep GAVE us a bbq to keep - fantastic service when we weren't even booked with them.

Forgot my gloves at the Snozone and was too mean to buy a paid as have loads at home, so just stuck my spare socks on my hands... well, it was only 2 hours and I didn't know anyone there....
ski holidays
Bev once forgot her poles. You do feel silly going into a hire shop with all the gear just to hire poles! (And it might have been cheaper to buy them!) She has just bought some new skis and her poles were still bundled up with the old ones, back home in the shed.

snowHead
snow report
once left my boots on the luggage carousel at calgary airport. Didn;t realise till the next morning when mymate picked up "my" boot bag and took his boots out. Yes, we both had the same bag and I'd seen it in the pile and assumed it was mine. 2 days in hire boots till I got mine picked up and brought round. Never made the same mistake again...
snow conditions
if we're doing 'summer forgets' the best I heard was a friend of mine who took the tent but left the poles behind.
ski holidays
I've managed to leave a jacket behind on two occasions. Embarassed Survived both, this one was funny:

Drove from Verbier > Zermatt. Parked at the train station, jumped out my car, "pass my jacket over", "ummm, can't see it!?"

My buddy had a "resort jacket" with him so I skied in that. A 12GBP Primark knee length puffa jacket with a 'fur' trimmed hood. I looked like an Italian.
ski holidays
Passport, wallet, laptop, backpack and I was at the wrong airport terminal. Happily I had my phone and an understanding girlfriend who left work, drove home and collected my gear.
ski holidays
I left my boots in the hotel earlier this season. Didn't realise until I was half way up the mountain about 2 hours away from where we were staying.

I managed to hire some BRAND NEW boots for the day - at a cost of €6! - and told the kids I was just testing out some new boots....
ski holidays
A number of years ago had a car with a not very good alarm, so purchased a reasonably expensive crook lock thing. We went to Val Thorens for a week, looked the car up, and put on the crook lock on steering wheel.

at end of week, about to leave, realised that I had left the key to the crook lock on the other set of keys, hanging on key hook at home Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed other half not impressed at all!!

So I borrowed an old hacksaw from the hotel, and it took about 20 minutes to saw through it!! loads of people walked past, in fact the people in car parked opposite loaded up and left while i was sawing...no-one said anything...........
ski holidays
RobW, Snap my Lad forgot his ski boots on a day out to LDA form ADH he had to snowboard for a day!!!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Broke my elbow one year so invested in some elbow protectors.
Guess what I forgot to take the next year Laughing
snow conditions
came very close to leaving for a 12 day pre-xmas trip with no contact lenses - would have been a disaster..
ski holidays
Not exaclty my forget but when I was a kid we got about 2 hours down the mway setting off to Dover for the hovercat and for a family summer camping trip mum and dad accertainsed they hadn't got the pasasports. There were some cross words exchanged and a rushed drive all the way back up north and down south again!
snow conditions
undercrackers on numerous occasions
poles quite often too for some reason
now I have inserts in my skis, it is inevitable that I will arrive somewhere with 2+ pairs of skis and no bindings rolling eyes
latest report
Forgot the baseplate discs for my snowboard bindings once. Ever try just renting snowboard bindings?

Poles quite often when I've assumed they were in the car. A day without poles is ok every once in a while although does tend to limit you to the piste.
latest report
headed to Barcelona GP for a mates stag doo which i had organised picked everyone up made them all check for passport money wallets etc etc....got to check in and found i didnt have mine!!....few traffic laws broke that day

skiing related....only my goggles (twice) sat them on top of car once and got in a drove off with them still on top and second time was in killington, sat them on the seat next to me in the gondola as i was taking pictures and left them in there

tried at the bottom station to get them back but gondolas move faster than i ski
ski holidays
can't remember
ski holidays
Not forgotten exactly, but on a "lad's trip" the Leeds contingent found on arrival at Geneva that their bags had been left behind by the airline, so convinced the airline and/or insurance would pay, they went out and spent hundreds on flashy euro-style ski gear (this was early 90s), looked like total ******s and guess what ... the airline offered them about £40.

It's not true that the rest of us encouraged them to believe they would be reimbursed. That was just a vicious rumour.
ski holidays
Many, many years ago, when I had just had my first baby, I was quite depressed, (difficult birth and difficult baby, no sleep, no help etc) and I really didn't want to go out. Midwife and husband made me promise to go out that day, said it would do me good.

Later on, when my husband returned from Uni (we were very young!) he asked if I had gone out that day. Yes, to the Co-op. He remarked that it looked as if it had done me good as I looked quite relaxed. "So, nice and quiet then, is the baby asleep?" he saiid.

OMG!!! Shocked I hoped so. I had forgotten all about him! He was still outside the Co-op in his pram........

(Yes, he was. We dashed out and got him home and everything was fine. Embarassed )
snow conditions
2 holidays running we've had to turn back as I'd left the holiday stash of cash at home. I've left my hip flask at home ever since I got bought it.
Last summer we were on our way to AdH and realised we'd forgotten Jnr's coat. We stopped at the Galleria, Hatfield on the way and bought him one. Good job we did as it was cold and raining most of the week.
latest report
maggi, best 'forgotton item' story EVER!
latest report
Scarpa forgot his ski boots on a powder day. I am going to say that again louder cos I am mean like that

SCARPA FORGOT HIS SKI BOOTS ON A POWDER DAY
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy