Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Send your used underwear to Patagonia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
That's ... err ... Patagonia the company, not the place.

Patagonia wants to recycle your "skanky, ripped old underwear" into ski underwear you'd be proud to wear. The idea is to break down old longjohns, knickers and vests “to the molecular level,” making raw polyester material to be turned into new undies. By doing this, less petroleum is used and less CO2 is emitted in the manufacturing process.

This undercover report from Freeskier magazine.

Practical information (probably including the postal address) from http://www.patagonia.com/recycle . Don't send them your cotton stuff, presumably.

Comments on this scheme please.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 12-09-05 10:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Patagonia website implies they are looking for the return of a particular fabric type (Capilene) which they sell. This makes sense because it makes the recycling easier if they know exactly what they are reprocessing - I imagine they'll dissolve your pants in some solvent to separate out the polyester.

Personally, I'm always carrying out processes "at the molecular level" wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for clarifying that, Ian. Not quite sure what you mean by the final sentence, though.
Do you do this on mountains?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David, I do indeed! At the very least I would hope to be converting oxygen molecules and sugar molecules to carbon dioxide molecules and water molecules - otherwise I would be dead Shocked I'm sure you'll be horrified to know I am a regular user of 'nanotechnology' as well.

I guess the alternative to a "molecular level" process for Patagonia would be to painstakingly unravel the returned underwear into fibres sort out any that weren't long enough or didn't like the look off then clean the rest and weave them back together...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ian Hopkinson, don't Patagonia make face masks and hats too . . . Shocked

And aren't scientists constantly discovering new bacterial lifeforms that can thrive in incredibly toxic conditions.

Adding two and two I'm getting a bad picture of Mother Nature doing her best to make me breath through someone else's pants or wear them on my head wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque, It would probably be like being up someone else's butt, and not your own (to quote your mother) Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not in Patagonia's 2006 collection
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy