Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Selva pre Christmas December 2012 with family

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Blastfromthepast, I'd say location in the Dolomites depends on budget to a certain extent, but Selva is about as good for access to the Sella Ronda as you can get although the slopes immediately above aren't the easiest in the area, beginners and timid intermediates are probably better off staying in Corvara or Colfosco. Selva's nursery slopes are close to the town, the situation basically has skiing on either side of the valeey the south can be very icyh so if you're retunring at the end of the day with tired legs or staying in the local area for the day consider this.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Various threads support the snow making in the area (as did our experience in Kronplatz) so early season not a complete gamble for us piste skiiers.

Bit of a gamble - they can't make snow if it's mild.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would have to say that Selva isn't the easiest of resorts to ski for a near beginner as the home runs aren't easy progressions from gentle blues. Head to Alta Badia - perfect blues, gentle reds and the good skiers can ski Arabba as well.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I thought the beginner slopes in Selva were excellant. If you choose lessons for the six year old then once they are happy that he/she can ski all the learner slopes well, then I suspect they will take them up to the slightly steeper slopes above the learner slopes behind the Hawai Hotel (think thats the name of the hotel). Then from there they would probably take them up to the Plan De Grabla area which definately has lots of blue runs to progress to. This is what my ski school did for our group during the week. I suspect a private instructor would do something similar.

As for the sun valley hotel, as I recall it is near to the ski school and the Dantercepies and Ciampinoi gondolas so probably the best location in Selva that you can get IMHO. Also if you use the ski school near to the hotel which is opposite side of the road to the Ciampinoi lift, then they will bus you up to the nursery slopes. Though you do have to make your own way back down either by walking, bus or skiing down a narrow track to a point close to the ski school office.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy