Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Time to replace my Salomon Scream X's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I think this will definitely be the last week I get out of them. I'm very out of touch when it comes to skis these days, so any suggestions as to what I might replace them with would be appreciated. I'm 6'3", about 16 stone and ski mainly on piste but do occasionally get adventurous.

I have tried shorter carvers, but don't really get on with them. I would want something about 190 long and quite narrow underfoot.

I love these old planks and will be very sorry to see them go, but I think it would take a miracle to resurrect them.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Scott Missions was my ski post X Screams, probably worth doing some demo whilst you are out on your next trip??

What do you define as "quite narrow"? 65mm? 75mm?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Get a lessons on working both feet, then carvers’, fat boys etc will make sense, you have just missed the innovations of the last ten years, you need to come up to date to get the benefit of any new skis.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wot ^^^ they said!

I've still got my screams, but have used Scott missions and Crusades for a couple of days each in the last 2 years - both are great really worth a try/buy and I had no problem with the short but wider (as I am 6'2 and 17st!). The Crusade was truly fantastic in crud, the Mission was lighter.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was thinking up to about 70mm. I have done a couple of weeks on Volkl P60's which were very nice, but I just prefer a longer ski. Must be something to do with my age.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've got a pair of Volkl Unlimited AC30's (last year's model). I'm about 6 foot and nearly 18 stone (think rugby player rather than clincally obese Wink ) and ski very aggressively, they hold an edge at speed better than everything I've ever tried. I've got the 177's, but maybe the 184's would suit you better. They're not too wide, but you'll get away with some off piste in them should the urge overcome you.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy