Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oz en Oisans or Alp d'Huez ski school

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello. We are looking at booking a last minute trip to Oz en Oisans or Alp d'Huez. I hear the ski schools in ADH have a really good reputation. I'm a 30 some-it year old blue/red skier and I tend to do ski schoolduring the week, as much to have company skiing as anything else as my other half prefers to do some serious snowboarding. If we were to stay in Oz is the school there good for getting you into a class that is the right level and with adult age groups? Are there any names of instructors that are particularly good? Also is it possible to do morning lessons in ADH or would you not be able to get there on time with the lifts?
Releated subject - is there a way of finding other like minded folk who want to share private lessons in either of these resorts before we go?

Any help appreciated!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
you can get over to ADH in time for lessons. on very rare occasions the Oz lift may not operate but you need very heavy snow and/or high winds

check out Masterclass or Stance in ADH
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lift of Oz ski schools here:
http://www.oz-en-oisans.com/station-ski/en/21/ski-schools.html

I've not used any of them so can't comment on their suitability. However...

Quote:

I tend to do ski schoolduring the week, as much to have company skiing as anything else as my other half prefers to do some serious snowboarding.

Sounds like it's time to find a new partner or go with someone else Shocked

You are more likely to find others to ski with on here as opposed to people to do lessons with because it would be difficult to match up standard, etc.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Many thanks Arno for the advice. Do you happen to know any of the instructors that are particularly good? I'd aslo be interested in private lessons as I really want to push on to being confident tackling black runs by then end of the week. It is rubbish not being able to keep up!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Layne -thanks for your reply. I'd be really interested in finding someone/ some folk to ski with. Once we've actually booked, is this the right forum on snow heads to look for ski buddies?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Travelhappy,

You want this board http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewforum.php?f=19 for finding others to ski with.

A private lesson would be good, as would skiing with others that will are better than you but have a bit of patience. Lesson doesn't have to be a long one. An hour or maybe two would do. Just make sure the instructor is good and speaks good English.

Oz is a great place to stay if you like a smaller town and good access to the slopes.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Travelhappy,

I had a private lesson with Seb at Stance before Xmas. Booked a 3 hour lesson for a friend and I who had never skied before. The lesson started 1/2 hour early and probably over ran by 45 minutes and he only charged us for the 3 hours.

Was beat by the end of it but what he taught us really helped us push on and we were skiing reds after 4 days and had a stab at a black too on the last day. Would certainly use them and him again if I went back.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Travelhappy, they are small schools so there isn't much choice! I shadowed with Masterclass when I was trying to get an instructors badge myself. At that time Olly from Stance worked there. They are all good teachers. Olly used to teach the most advanced group, Mel the middle group and Stuart the least advanced but I wouldn't recommend any one over the others particularly. Maybe avoid Stuart if you don't like cheesy jokes Wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks again Layne. I definitely try finding someone to ski with through the forum. As to your earlier post, I'm not sure that I could kick the bf to the curb just for out skiing me. I am trying to convince a great friend to come along with us so fingers crossed. That said, I really quite like being out on the mountain on my own sometimes - just as long as it is on a marked piste!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Sounds like it's time to find a new partner or go with someone else

There’s no point in having an unhappy compromise all week if two people are at different levels.
You either have the patience of a saint or you’ve never tried to spend all week with someone who goes a LOT slower than you and isn’t happy on harder slopes!
Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kat.ryb,

Quote:

There’s no point in having an unhappy compromise all week if two people are at different levels.

Who said all week Puzzled

And why can't it be a happy compromise. I've skied with people where I've said I'll ski off piste and you ski on piste. Or I'll go up twice and catch you back up.

Or he could learn to ski with her.

Just concerned the lass isn't being looked after Little Angel wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Try Monica at VO Coaching - she is based in Oz and works with another lady (forget her name). They cover Oz, Vaujany, and will slo meet in ADH at station on the DMC. Monica is a superb instructor!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.vocoaching.net/liens-vo-coaching.html
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy