Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SKI REPUBLIC - flexibility

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We hired through tour operators last year (it seemed easier with children), but saw others with Ski Republic gear which was much cheaper.
They seemed very happy with the service, so i've booked through them this year.

Question: Are they pretty flexible, or is it "you booked these, that's what you get"
When there is a choice of ski, i'm bugg*red if i know which ones to choose, and why.
Are they likely to be able to swap about, based on what tell them on the day, or even change mid-week (stock dependent)

Keen to know if price comes at the expense of service.
I know they sell themselves on service, but have never used them.

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've used them a couple of times and they are ok. One year my girlfriends bindings weren't set correctly though, that was in Meribel and I think maybe it's down to people in the shop as regards to service and flexibility. I'm just looking at hiring ski's for my next ski trip, and at the moment Snowbrainer are cheaper than Ski Republic, and from what I've found on here they seem to get good reviews.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ok, thanks
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've used Ski Republic before, they are good, I don't think that the skis are always as shiny and new as the major rental peolple. They are a much smaller outfit than the major French rental people. They have a much smaller selection. They let me change over my skis twice when I was in Les Arcs, the conditions went from icy to powder to icy in a week. I was pretty please with them and so were the other 5 people in my group.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't really see the appeal of ski republic anymore. I looked for rental a couple weeks ago for a couple of friends and although you get buy one get one free, the price for one setup was €320 per person which still made the individual cost per person of €160. I'm sure you can get cheaper skis per person in other shops like intersport...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Intersport were really good to us, we also booked lessons with them in maria alm, when the ski bus did not arrive we phoned to advise them we were going to be late and sorry, the little darlings collected us all(2 were not even having lessons nor using their equipment) and got us to lessons on time! This happened 3 days running, excellent customer service. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy