Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski Advice on Volkl RTM 77

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Tried these last night at the local fridge on EB's demo night and loved them. Even on a slope of what appeared to be a mix of cornflour and caster sugar of some vintage and with the consistency of quicksand. They just blasted on through it whilst my own skis got a bit bogged down.

They only had them in 171cm length which I thought would be too long, I tried them anyway and they seemed fine.

I'm 5'8" and 15+1/2 stones, so no lightweight. They will mainly be used on piste but would love to seek out some piste edge powder where I can. Any thoughts on whether I should stick with the 171's or go for the 166cm which is much closer to my current 162cm Nordica Hot Rod Eliminators.

I understand that the Volkls are full rockers and therefore I should go longer but is 9cm too much more or at my weight would that be just right?

Thanks in advance? snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
171cm at 15 1/2 stone will be absolutely fine, specially with the rocker.

I'm 5'9" and 14 1/2 stone and skiing 180cms at the moment (albeit with big tips) and they're more than manageable.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
83 views and only one opinion?

Cheers bobmcstuff snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not sure if it's any help but I recently bought some K2 Impact after testing at the local fridge. By the sounds of it, the Volkl's appeal to you for the same reasons. I found the K2's at 80 mm underfoot blasted through the snow which was in absolutely shocking condition, so easy to turn, carve and rip about all over the slope.

It was the first time I'd skied rocker skis and I although I bought them longer than I'd normally have, they feel great and don't run away with me at all. I think my old skis were about 160, these are 167 and feel no longer. Not sure what the rocker is like on the Volkl's but mine does start quite early, probably about 20cm from the tips.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You need 10 cm over head height.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You tried the 171s and liked them, so why worry? Get 'em Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've tried the RTM 77's in 171cms and they were fine. I'm 5'7" and 11.5 stone. At 15.5 stone I think you would overpower the 166's. Don't worry about the length, you'll be fine with the rocker and they'll feel much more stable at speed.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all, bought them in 171cm this afternoon, actually ended up considering the 176's in the store. Off to Austria next Saturday to try them on the real stuff!

P.S. Full marks to Alex and Scott at Ellis Brigham at Braehead for their help!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy