Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Teacher desperately wanting to go skiing at half term!!

Poster: A snowHead
Hello all, I know that there are already several posts on this on the forum, have contacted a few people and waiting for replies. Has anyone in the same situation as me found a place to get something sorted? I am 31, solo intermediate female skiier. Not too fussed about cost, credit card is empty at the mo, but can't seem to find any availability and am DESPERATE to go! Have contacted IGLU and a couple of other companies but to no avail. Wouldn't mind filling a room somewhere or hooking up with others in the same predicament. Ideally a last minute package would be the easiest, but not sure where to find one of those!! Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you have no luck hitching up with somebody then you might want to try Action Outdoors who supply UCPA holidays:

http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for info, have had a look on their site but unfortunately can't get to London for the coach by 19.00 as have to travel up from Cornwall Sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
welcome to SHs, emlyn18, snowHead There's plenty of availability with UCPA through Action outdoors - maybe you could find another way of getting there. You can book direct with UCPA, though flights are going to be monstrously expensive for half term, booking this late.

If you can't find anything, Easter will be better in many ways, in France at any rate, as it won't also be French school holidays.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Pam w, I am resigning myself to the fact that I may have to look at Easter instead......UCPA looks amazing, a non teacher friend is booked on a snowboard off piste course in March with them. Do you know if they can arrange a transfer to resort for you through UCPA?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
emlyn18, yes, if you look at the Action Outoors site they are the uk partner of UCPA and do offer transfers from geneva. Might even be worth giving them a call if you can get cheaper flights to a different airport. If you scout around the forum, someone was touting a money-off code for Action outdoors, too

ANother one to consider is mountainsun, I think they were doing "teacher specials" last year, might be worth five minutes checking them out
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks nbt, will do now
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey I am up for booking feb half term too! I'm a teacher, based up north so would fly in to grenoble maybes? Or whatever.
I'm keen Smile
Email or pm me if you fund something
Libby x
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Libby
I am still looking......really hope I can find something. Will let you know.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski World have something advertised in Tignes in Chalet Les Martins A, stayed here in Christmas 2011 with my partner, ended up in a chalet full of teachers but had a great time and accom was a bargain for the price. Have emailed them so will see what they say, as it says prices start at 779 but when you go further in it gets a lot more expensive!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you are happy to take a chance with filling an empty room in a chalet try Silver Ski for last minute deals. Prices are £400-£500.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks Andrew, have looked on their website but nothing yet for half term, fingers crossed. Everyone is very helpful on here! Thanks
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
emlyn18, PM just sent.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Emily, I can't go for a full week but there may be these possibilities

Flights for Mon - Fri from Bristol or Bournemouth to Geneva £300 approx each

Apartment for 4 nights £500 total

Plus extra's needed

Or

stay in a hostel @ 16 Euro per night

Any thoughts?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Club Med. All inclusive guaranteed fun time.
ski holidays
Hi harryspotter, thanks for info. Where would this be to? Hostel sounds good instead of hotel. Please could you PM me details? Thanks
latest report
Libby, I have contacted a few companies the last 24 hours, lots of companies have absolutey nothing. I am thinking I will look for cancellations next week on the following websites, silver ski, ski cancellations, ice lolly, travel click. Ski World have not got back to me yet about Tignes. Reckon I may have to wait until Easter! The company mountainsun emailed me saying that they are not doing a half term trip for teachers this year but possibly organising one to the Dolomites at Easter. Let me know if you have any luck with anything. There is something in Bulgaria that I have been offered by a company called voyager travel direct but don't fancy going there as a solo skiier, would rather go to the Alps that I know a lot better.
ski holidays
Easter hols half the price of Feb Half term if you do end up struggling to find somewhere. Few of us teachers go skiing every Easter and get some really cheap self catering deals. Off to VT this easter on 31st March. Driving out. Will cost us 300 quid each for travel and accomodation.
snow conditions
That's really good. Way to go I think as I will need to take out a loan at this rate. unless I get incredibly lucky. Although I did a season a few year back and on half term week a couple of guests turned up to Meribel having paid 350 each for a week's catered chalet .......so I can keep hoping.
ski holidays
hey - UCPA has relatively cheap 4 day all inclusive packages. flights are still relatively cheap if you fly out the Wed night (15/2) and back on Monday. The flight Sun night (19/2) is ridiculously expensive - but should be able to stay at a hostel in Geneva which from experience, shouldnt be too expensive. Flight in total is about 150 quid.

i'm keen on doing the 4 day Chamonix trip with UCPA/Action outdoors on that trip so let me know if you're interested.
latest report
Hi there amchou, thanks for info. Unfortunately I have to be back in the UK on the Sunday to get back to teach in Cornwall on the Monday. I will have a look tomorrow night. I seem to have found some fairly cheap deals in St Anton/Verbier but not sure until I hear back from the company tomorrow.
latest report
I had not realised the 11-18 February slot was such a problem, are most regions in UK using the same week?

SkiBeat are showing availability Saturday-Saturday, but prices are ridiculous. You could try phoning them in the few days before 11 Feb to see if they will do an over the phone only deal to fill an empty bed.
latest report
I have bitten the bullet and booked throuhg IGLU for a week in Sauze in Italy, really looking forward to it now! Thanks for all help everyone and have a great next ski holiday!
ski holidays
Are you going alone? What is the cost?

I'm still not sorted Sad

Libby xx
snow report
HI Libby, it is approx £900 including Milky Way lift pass, breakfast only, but have heard that Sauze is not as expensive as French resorts and I'm happy eating fairly lightly, Yes, am going alone. Keep an eye on silverski, skicancancellations, travel click or phone IGLU from Monday to check for cancellations. I am obviously not going to search any of these now, as I may have got something cheaper, but didn't want to chance it, credit cards have their uses! Hope you find something soon.
snow conditions
Hi Libby, i know its very last minute but did you get a half term holiday booked? I'm an intermediate snowboarder and looking to get a cheap and cheerful holiday this weekend!
ski holidays
Hi Snowbunny6,

If you don't mind travelling independantly then we have a couple of spaces left for half term 12-19th Feb due to a last minute cancellation.

It is for 12-19th Feb and the price is reduced down to £549 for the week with no single supplement for a single room.

Full details via the tag line below . . .

Happy planning!
Heather
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy