Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

VW T5 Camper Van Trip Aires Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi i going away on the 3rd to the 10th of Feb ive read loads of forums but still havent got the gist of what i want.

Basically i want to rock up to a decent resort park up for free or pay minimum amount of euros as possible and not have to worry about being moved on or clamped worst still towed!! Meet others in my position would be great Little Angel

I have everything in place heat, generator, screen protection etc etc all i need is a place to park up and not worry about my van.

The Van is a VW Transporter T5 which has been converted to high standard and will hold up in the snow, so any suggestions on places to go would be great.

Would prefer Chamonix, Three Valleys, Val Thoren, St Anton somewhere with good snow and good night life seeing as im going to be on my own.

Cheers in advanced for any help

Little Angel
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a look at http://www.motorhomefacts.com
Heating a panel van at -20 could be fun though there are usually a few about most resorts
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you seen this site? They seem to have the info you require. Found it by googling "flot bleu la plagne" as I had noticed an aire there with the flot bleu machines where you can pay for water and hook up if you need them (T5 owner myself so always on the lookout) . Hope this helps:

http://www.motorhomeski.com/places-to-stay/france/3-valleys/la-tania

Michelin also do a camping cars book with a very handy map showing sites and aires throughout france. I bought it in France but I'm sure you can find it online
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers you guys, right think its going to be St Anton, I've been there before and I know of a car park there if there are any issues there are 2 campsites there one of which is 4 star.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you're going to St Anton then do go down to the campsite at Pettnau. As you said its 4* and does cost a bit but it has a 'Wellness' centre with swimming pool and sauna that you can use without booking on to the site when you want a decent shower. Good Pizza restaurant too. The Wellness centre has its own car park and you'd probably get away with parking overnight.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
just watch you don't get snowploughed out of the way.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is also a car park (put co-ordinates into Google 47.131703,10.27153) here which i stayed in September which didnt have any signs to say you couldn't camp and no hight restrictions on entry. Also its a massive open space which you can gain access straight from the road so i hope there will be no issue. If there is there are two campsites there one quoted 31 euros per night not including taxes (Pettnau St Anton) and the other http://www.arlberg-panoramacamping.at/en/ very basic in comparison to the 4 star quoted 16 euro a night.

My dates are changing due to work not letting me have the time off :0( so im trying for the 24th of Feb now.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy