Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski waxing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
can someone give impartial advice on how often skis should be waxed? I am an intermediate and have used my skis on piste for 2 weeks since they were waxed and they still seem to glide well.

any advice would be welcome.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I usually wax mine every 2-5 days. When the base starts looking lighter near the edges it's time to wax.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is that a full wax or spray on?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last year, I was waxing mine about once every 2to 3 days while in the Alps. As soon as my ski bases got dull/grey, I rewaxed them.

Kersh
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wax mine before 6 days skiing, and use either a liquid wax for the last couple of days, or this year will use Zardoz or suchlike to see how good it is.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was just browsing youtube for a few tips as I am going to self wax my skis tomorrow and came accross this .

http://youtube.com/v/YFp4X5Ivixs&feature=fvsr wink

Not that is any more help then the standard waxing videos, but it make's better viewing Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I heard the next instalment of that series was 'Pole Polishing with Julia'
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
twoodwar wrote:
Wax mine before 6 days skiing, and use either a liquid wax for the last couple of days, or this year will use Zardoz or suchlike to see how good it is.

I have used Zardoz in the past and it is a good short term fix for better glide.

PS I will be waxing my new skis (ive done 6 hours indoor on them from new) and have not had any wax added from purchase.
Do I need to hot wax scrape before adding the finished coat to set and scrape?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andyseaber wrote:
Is that a full wax or spray on?

I never use spray on, but "full wax" with hot scraping and then layers and layers of wax I do about once a year (I ski about 40 days/season but also have several pairs of skis). Otherwise it's just a coat of temp specific wax.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks for the advice
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy