Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Germany: Garmisch area

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'll be staying in Garmisch for a week mid-february. Any news on conditions there and what resorts in Austria are close enough for a daytrip from Garmisch? Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Currently 405cm on the Zugspitze and 250cm in the Garmisch classic area. I think that will last for the next while!
Resorts in Austria: Seefeld, or any of the Innsbruck areas. E.g Axamer Lizum would be recommended.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
even closer to hand is Lermoos amd Berwang etc. Very nice if you like village skiing and you can also ski up on the Zugspitze.

I imagine Berwang will be as pretty as any alpine village at the moment?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Put this here as it's as near as anything.
Been out on the Brauneck this morning in Lenggries. Stunning day. Not a cloud in the sky, very few people about and deep, light powder everywhere. Some of the areas at the side of the pistes are getting a bit tracked out but lots of untouched snow in the tree areas. Forecast is for similar weather for the next 3 days and hopefully the fact that the DH is on in Garmisch on Saturday might pull half of Munich in that direction this weekend rather than them coming here.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies, rumor has it the snow's been the best in 10 years.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Erhwald, Lermoos and Bibivier are all 20 minutes from Garmisch and the skiing is better there because these resorts are higher. The snow this winter has been really good. I recommend skiing in Austria vs. Germany.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Greetings to all. Plenty of snow on the pistes in Garmisch today, weather cloudy and quite mild, which is not doing anything for the snow conditions. At the top of the 'Garmisch Classic' area, Alpspitz, snow is pretty damn good, lower down a little heavy but still fine for skiing down to lowest bit, bottom of the Hausbergbahn, at the end of the day. I imagine that the snow up at Zugspitz is great, but no chance to go there as on a 1 day visit.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy