Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Di Fassa

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a great week in Dolomites, staying in Canazei. Met some lovely people and had some great skiing in sunny blue skies. Had half a day in Alba/Pozza on the Friday in the snow, then returned to the Belvedere bowl for lunch. What followed was two hours skiing in sun and almost empty pistes, absolutely brilliant and a great end to the week, where conditions have been maintained thanks to the resort staff. Returning to the Belvedere bubble middle station after the last run, I was buzzing and knocked on the door of the lift operators room. In pigeon Italian I thanked them for a great week, which was received by big smiles from all three operators, lots of thumbs up and shouts from all our group of Itaaalia Itaaalia!! as we rode away in a bubble. Fantastic.

Left the resort early Sat in great snow after a fresh dump overnight. God I love skiing!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mfamily2, great to hear you had a good time, always a large-hearted welcome in Italy if you make the effort to join the fun!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mfamily2, sounds like you had as good a time as we did. The red/black down to Alba was in excellent condition the week before - so good we skied it twice in quick succession. Planning to return to Canazei next January Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Freddie Paellahead, It was perfect in the new snow on Friday and I managed to beat the gondola down, which was a first for me, another buzz. We have already booked to go again at the same time, great place and great people. Oh forgot, shhhhhhhh wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mfamily2, Fantastic! I bet you made their day Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mfamily2, glad to hear the resort reports as i'm off at the end of this week. Will definately try to 'beat the bubble' and the black runs in Alba. Did you try the runs above Arrabba? How long does it take to get from Canazei to Selva (Sasslong)? Me and my mate always have a bit of a race on the downhill runs. Any hints/tips would be greatly received.
Luigi, i agree, the Italians are realy friendly if you make the effort first, not that i try it in Italian. Memories of an Italian lady in the Irish bar (forget it's name but Paddy somethings......probably) in Sauze many years ago (don't tell the OH)!!!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stew72, Canazei to Selva is probably approaching 2 hours from town to town (obviously depends on how fast you ski/board rolling eyes )
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stew72, This year we did:

Day one. Orange Sella Ronda, with a detour down Sasslong.
Day two. Marmolada. Now, two of our group, did a strange thing here. After coming down from the Marmolada, they skied past the chair out of the valley, so had to go back up the three gondolas and come back down. So good they did it twice. This was never mentioned again for the entire holiday. rolling eyes Having said that, they said that hitting the gondolas the second time, about 1230hrs lead to no queueing and a very quiet run down.
Day three. Alta Badia around the green and off to the right to get some all day sun, beautiful.
Day four. Alba/Pozza until lunch and then long lunch etc etc. Very Happy Very Happy
Day five. Blacks around Arabba, very quiet up the chair adjacent to the gondola.
Day six. Back to Alba, another long lunch then messed about above Belvedere. We always have our last day lunch in the restaurant at the middle station above Canazei. Walk off the bubble and it's to the left about 50mtrs. Food is excellent and staff are great. Sit out if it's sunny.

We ended a few days in the music bar on the home run to the middle station, I forget the name but on a sunny day it's a great place to have a beer with a short run back down to the bubble. (Not that I would advocate drinking and skiing)

Apres ski. There is no science to this, albeit if the Danish band is playing at any venue, it's bouncing. If it seems quiet in a bar, move on and find the party. They're all pretty close.

That's this year, next year there is more to see and that's the beauty of this area. Enjoy!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sounds like you had a great week! You've totally Summed up why we love it here Smile
Next year, put Ortisei on your list of places to visit - there's a great 12km run and some great Sunny slopes over there and it's easily doable in a day from Cananzei!
Snowing again now Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
victoriac, Just taken a peak at your web site, looks very nice. I especially like your advice under apres ski,

" Don't forget to try some of the local fire-water, Grappa."

Great advice, but we have yet to work out what "some" means and as a result will have to return next year to better understand the correct beer/grappa balance. Not as easy as you would think.

wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mfamily2, Thank you!
I should probably update that now - after extensive research Shocked I have found that if you ask for 'grappa for girls' you can still manage to walk out of the apres-ski bar, although you may be laughed at by the locals who seem to drink the stuff for breakfast!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Forza Italia! Great tales of an amazing place and people.....san cassiano only 7 weeks to go, que bello.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy