Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where can i find storm inferno's in 165????

Poster: A snowHead
A friend of mine is after a set of these (last years model) and i do recall seeing some go on ebay not too long ago (at largely marked down prices aswell)!

Just curious if anyone knows where i might be able to pick a set of these up?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STORM-INFERNO-Piste-Precision-Skis-161cm-Black-Fire-NEW-/160593208428?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&hash=item256419e46c

The description says 161cm....but they are 165.These are a bit older than last year,but are new and highly rated.Hope so.I've just bought a pair wink

There is a very confusing range of Storm ski's,some fairly current and some,like these,from a while ago.However,Storms seem to be pretty well rated,and these are a steal at this price.
Check out the powder skis,esp the Twisted Sisters.........knarly Cool
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Or give Andy who runs Storm a call, very helpful chap!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Here...be quick though!

http://www.snowtraxstore.co.uk/storm-inferno-race-ski-vist-12-binding-2011
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowskisnow, managed to get in touch with the kid running this aUction who claims they arr deffinitely a 161?

davkt, Got in touch with andy yesterday and he seems like a helpful guy!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sean_daly93, If you are in touch with Andy,why not ask him? My information is that the Inferno was only ever produced in 155 and 165,as it is based around FIS regs...and this comes from a guy that has fitted bindings to a number of pairs.
I also strongly suspect,that the ski posted by gatecrasher, is one and the same(albeit with a slightly different decal).Again,sure that Andy could clear up any confusion.
And the guy running said auction,is a chap called Lindon,and he most definately is not a skier(nice though he is) wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or wait till tomorrow,when mine should land,and I will measure them.

Given that all is as I think it is? Then £129 is a steal wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowskisnow, From what i can see the model on ebay isn't the one i am after. Different variation of the inferno maybe?
Deffinitely not an FIS type ski though looking at the specs.

Anyhow let me know when you get yours because as you said, they are a steal!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sean_daly93 wrote:
snowskisnow, From what i can see the model on ebay isn't the one i am after. Different variation of the inferno maybe?

Latest update wink They have landed,and they are indeed 161cm Embarassed It now appears there are two variations,as you suspected.Mine being slightly softer than the one posted by gatecrasher,as well as being 161 not 165cm.On the plus side,they are brand spanking in original wraps.
My reasons for having them may be very different to yours,I suspect? For me,they are a back up ski,as I usually thrash around on fats Toofy Grin So very much reserved for when its piste only,and then only if absolutely essential.I'm having Quiver Killers put in,so no additional binding cost.For me,at £129,a cheap solution.
The other skis appear to be closer to slalom spec? and,as they come with Vist bindings,will also be a good buy and a very capable ski.As ever,the choice is yours wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sean_daly93, The piste precision model which I believe is the one you are looking for can be had in a 165 from Nevis sport in Newcastle upon Tyne. I am not sure if other branches are stocking them, or if they can mail them out but worth a call.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ledge wrote:
Sean_daly93, The piste precision model which I believe is the one you are looking for

No, the slalom ski is 'Race Carver' and Mounta1nGoat's 165's are in front of me now, the 'piste precision' is the softer tune, slightly wider spec.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
anarchicsaltire, That agree's with the info I have......so,the choices are(I think)

1.Piste Precision(Ski only) in 161cm...ebay as above...£129.99 (as far as I know,never made in 165)

2.Piste Precision(appears to be ski only) in 167cm..Nevisport...£284 Shocked

3.Race Carver c/w Bindings in 165cm..Snowtrax...£299.95

For me,No1 was an easy choice.Had bindings and its a backup ski(and being 4cm short won't make a jot of difference wink )3,as it comes with Vist bindings,looks a good buy.Though bear in mind,its a racier animal.No2 is overpriced in comparison to both.

Think we may have done this to death now Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And.....just checked.....down to 2 pairs of 161cm avaliable on the ebay listing.

Go on...you know you want too Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowskisnow wrote:
And.....just checked.....down to 2 pairs of 161cm avaliable on the ebay listing.....

Down to one pair now Cool
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
spyderjon wrote:
snowskisnow wrote:
And.....just checked.....down to 2 pairs of 161cm avaliable on the ebay listing.....

Down to one pair now Cool

You've got way too many ski's for one person.......you're a very naughty boy rolling eyes wink
ski holidays
I got 165cm infernos from that ebay seller for £99 delivered back in June, maybe worth asking them if they are expecting any more in stock???
ski holidays
snowskisnow, Quiver Killers installed Cool
snow conditions
You lovely boy Little Angel

Put the kettle on,and break out the biccies....be seeing you soon Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy