Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arabba: Inghams 'Meet The Piste' & the 'Hidden Valley'

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Arabba next week. I've never been to the Dolomites before so know very little of the area.

Two quick questions, if I may....
1) Anyone used the Inghams 'Meet The Pistes' service? Useful intro to the area?
2) I've heard of a 'hidden valley' that has some good skiing - is it reasonably straight-forward to get there and back from Arabba? directions?

Any other hints and tips, particularly good skiing amd/or eating appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

Went to Arabba last year with Colletts and back again next week... I've never been skiing in the same place in consecutive years in 30 years before so this says something about Arabba and the Dolomites.

Cant comment on Inghams but did the Hidden Valley trip and will probably do so again as its a great way to spend a few hours. I suspect Inghams will organise a Hidden Valley trip but you can easily do it yourself- my mate and I did and we are well past 50.

From Arabba take the anti clockwise (green marking on the pistemap) route of the Sella Ronda and go to Passo Campolongo or on to Corvara and follow signs to Armentarola (I think there may be a few signs marked Lagazoi) At Armentarola its off with the skis and catch a bus/coach to Lagazoi (5 euros I think- its just a dedicated ski service to the Lagazoi lift) then up the one lift to the top off the Hidden Valley. Its a gem of a trip and you'll soon learn why its called the Hidden Valley. At the end of the piste take the horse drawn option back to where you started!

You'll have plenty of time from Arabba if you go in the morning - loads of runs to keep you happy on the return above Corvara and La Villa. Come back on the clockwise (orange ) Sella Ronda. The Hidden Valley piste is the only red run you need to do that day.

Arabba is a small village in a great location directly on the Sella Ronda and the ideal starting place for the trip to the Marmaloda Glacier. You can easily do the full Sella Ronda in each direction so that's 2 great full day trips . It has a limited choice of bars, restaurants but the Pordoi Pizzeria/Restaurant and El Table are ok.
You'll have a great trip - so enjoy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ta - useful info about the Hidden Valley.

See you out there - I'll be the guy on green Head iM82s
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Higs, assnowfaller said, but don`t forget the frozen waterfall!! once you leave there point your skis straight down hill, as it goes flat for some time so you will need to pole or skate!! .Also to see it at it`s best it needs to be a clear sunny day snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Higs, congratulations on your choice of Arabba, you will have a blast! Amazing scenery, great food, loads of skiing, all at a reasonable price.

1. I haven't experienced Inghams meet the pistes service, but I could imagine it would be helpful to have someone who is acquainted with the area orient you on your first day, there are 3 different skiing directions that can be taken out of Arabba. That said, it's not a huge resort and if you are confident with a piste map, you can find your own way, the direction finding becomes a little more difficult once you find your way into the other 3 valleys on the Sella Ronda, but the Sella Ronda itself is well signposted with orange or green depending on which direction you travel it.

2. The Hidden Valley is a very worthwhile day out, easily doable from Arabba for anyone able to ski a red run, snowfaller's directions are spot on. It is also possible to explore the Cinque Torri/Averau/Col Gallina circuit with it's spectacular scenery and empty pistes by crossing the road before taking the Lagazuoi cable car up to start the Hidden Valley run.

http://www.dolomiti.org/dengl/Cortina/laga5torri/inverno/averautroi.html

Also possible is the Great War Tour which runs through Arabba, it's about 80km of skiing lifts and bus rides and includes a descent of the Marmolada or Hidden Valley on it's clockwise & anti-clockwise variants respectively:

http://www.altabadia.org/en-US/first_world_war_ski_tour.html

Map showing both directions of the tour:

http://www.valfiorentina.it/selva/at/inverno/oltre/bigwar.htm

There's some great info on the various 'Calling Sella Ronda Fans' over the last few seasons, including restaurant recommendations.

Have a good one!! snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Higs, Have been to Arabba a few times as well as other resorts in the Dolomites - it is my favourite base town. used Inghams once and stayed at the Evaldo which was superb. No 'meet the pistes' service then IIRC but Inghams did organise a day trip to Cortina which was worth the trip. Hidden Valley is a must, try the Cinque Torre area while you are over there, the scenery at both is just stunning. I also recommend a trip up to the Marmolada and give the Sella Ronda a blast either or both ways.

You will be very unfortunate to find a bad lunch stop.

Enjoy snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CP wrote:

You will be very unfortunate to find a bad lunch stop.

Never had a bad lunch stop anywhere in Italy.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowfaller, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy