Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chatel Last week of March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have an opportunity to borrow an apartment in Chatel near the Linga lift for a week in late March. I know the season runs in PDS until mid April, but I wanted to get a feel for how good the snow conditions are likely to be in late March. Interested to hear peoples experience on this.
Thanks
Tim
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That depends ....... on how much snow we get.

We've skied in Chatel as late as 1May and had fun (in a slushy way). Our lads' trip is generally mid March and we've seen fresh powder, icy pistes, spring snow and mud over the years.

If you are at Linga you can get to mid station by gondola (handy if it's raining in the village/snowing up top) and the way they manage the pistes these days together with the amount of snow already this season makes me confident you'll have snow over to Plain Dranse and links to Avoriaz. Swiss side may be slush or mud but you'll find plenty of good stuff.

Then think about the extra daylight, warmer weather, opportunities for beers on the balcony. You're only a couple of weeks after my ideal time (11-18 March - first week after the French holidays).

Go for it - it's a nice village and a great ski area.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DJL wrote:
ideal time (11-18 March - first week after the French holidays).
+1
Last year conditions were pants end of march but the previous two years were excellent into mid April up until the resorts closed. I reckon it going to be a good one this year as well and planning to be there from the 18th ( and next week Very Happy )
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy