Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booze on the Eurostar

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone had issues taking a few bottles of alcohol with them on the eurostar?

I'm not planning on getting plastered on the train but want to take some of what is already living in the cupboard at home to enjoy on the hol? Very Happy

Thanks all!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 21-01-12 19:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well we always take 2 litres of gin and a bottle of pre mixed whiskey mac,, four adults, no problems

For custom officers, we all have ginger hair and travell in a turquoise blue reliant robin wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
steven0123, Read their website theres something on there about the amount of booze you can bring on board.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
their site says:

Here’s what you can take on board: up to four cans or bottles of beer, or one bottle of wine, or one 50cl bottle of spirits.

just noticed that it also says:

Any more than that and we could confiscate the excess for the duration of the journey (and destroy it if needs be).

case closed..

Sorry to have bothered you Wink Embarassed
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
woops thought you meant eurotunnel, sorry rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Timbobaggins wrote:

Accidentally said Eurotunnel in the title and you answered it before I amended Wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've regularly taken more than 4 cans of beer onto the Eurostar before --> alcohol is the only way to get through the overnighter to the Alps.
Normally I buy it in M&S at St Pan so it "loose" in a shopping bag rather than stashed inside my luggage.

In my experience, they're pretty relaxed on the Eurostar.

I reckon you'd be fine with a two or three bottles of wine but large slab / crate of beer might be pushing things slightly
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I expect the rule is there so that they can confiscate it from groups who are using the Eurostar as the old snow train disco carriage, getting wrecked and causing real annoyance to other passengers..... a good manner drink up to get yourself comatosed for the night isn't going to attract attention.

Although having said that my brother's friend got tanked up on the overnight Eurostar a few years ago and the alcohol combined with work stress, excess tiredness, the motion of the train and possibly the flickering lights from passing trains pushed him into a fit - similar to epilepsy - and a three day stay in Hospital in Moutiers. So take care.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
steven0123 wrote:
Timbobaggins wrote:

Accidentally said Eurotunnel in the title and you answered it before I amended Wink

Got to give me credit for fast response though wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks to all wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you travel business premier on the eurostar, no need to worry... you can start getting knackered in the lounge at st-pancras, and they'll serve you more on board... Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
gatzby wrote:
If you travel business premier on the Eurostar, no need to worry... you can start getting knackered in the lounge at st-pancras, and they'll serve you more on board... Smile

However, Eurostar does not operate Business Premier service on any of their ski trains. Standard Premier is the highest level of service. So no acces to the Business Lounge unless your are one the their top tiers frequent travellers or holder of an Amex Platinum or Centuron or other qualifying credit cards etc...Also alcoholic drinks are only served during meals time. wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy