Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Very wide Feet pain problems

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ive 110mm wide feet and 18in calfs bought heade edge and had them heat fitted over a year ago ready for my holiday but 2 weeks before i went i broke my ankle and was not able to go.

Ive booked to go in march this year so dug my boots out last week to go for a practice at my local xscape in castleford after 5 mins the pain in both feet was unbearable so cut my session short.

When having my boots fit before i had no such problems?? can anyone advise me i would very much appreciate any help at all Very Happy

live in leeds uk if anyone can point me in the right direction to someone local.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did you have both parts of the boot fitted - as in, the plastic blown out at the widest points as well as heat-moulded liners?
If not, it might be worth thinking about getting this done. Not cheap, but definitely worth it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
He just heated the inner and tightened my boots and then i had a 15 min walk round the shop thanks for the quick reply someones mentioned footbeds could help as im quite a big guy @ 19 half stone
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
have the same problem pins and needles painful feet and thats before doing one run.
went to our fantastic local ski shop and the man spent an hour with me taking foot measurments etc and has blown my boots. Have just been to collect them and the feel great fingers crossed for this weeks skiing.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try wearing very thin socks. Tights which are cut off at the knee, (sometimes called "pop socks") are ideal. However, you can get very thin socks which do not constrict blood flow.

Do not over-tighten the boots. Keep them on the lowest setting for the first half hour, and if there is no pain you can tighten up a notch.

You might benefit from getting the boots stretched. I got that done to my first pair for free in the shop that sold them after my first week in them.

Footbeds did not help me much, but they do help other people who have flat feet or other problems with their feet which are weight related.

Lose some weight and you might find the problem reduces!

Sorry, I do not know anyone in Leeds who could help.

rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
horizontalskiclub, Sounds like,apart from Xscape,you've not skied in your boots? When you ski,the pressure around your foot increases massively and,coupled with your weight,is most likely collapsing your arches,leading to over-pronation(see http://www.footminders.com/ for simple explanation) Footbeds can reduce/solve this problem,and many(inc me)consider them essential.
You badly need the services of a good boot fitter.And I mean a boot fitter...not some chimp in a shop that happens to sell boots!I don't know the Leeds area,but someone will pop in soon who does.
The bad news Sad It is possible you have the wrong boots? Hopefully,you went to a decent outlet and just need some extra work done.This is quite normal.Unfortunately,many believe that they can get away with just moulding stock boots.If only it were that simple wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had a painful week in Ischgl last year with a new pair of Head Vectors. In the shop they were fine, like yours, but after just 10 mins skiing the soles of my feet were burning; it was excrutiating. I had some footbeds made in the Intersport there which alleviated the pain to a certain extent, but it was still very far from comfortable. I took the boots down to Ellis Brigham in Castlefield, Manchester just before Xmas, and a quick measure of my feet suggested the shells needed stretching out at the front by just 3mm. The adjustment was successful, and I had an awesome pain free week in La Plagne.

The Head website shows the current Edge range on a 104mm last, so if your width is 110mm then there is a reasonable likelihood that you too need a shell stretch.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Several years ago had similar problem with head boots - was around 17 stone at time. Had them blown and stretched several times and in end ditched them and got Tecnicas which just seemed to work far better for my wide forefoot.

But also discovered that when I ski and really pressure my foot I fire the tendon under the arch and take all my weight on it. Worth checking if you're doing something similar - was excruciating and almost gave up skiing. Eventual solution for me was custom beds with an area of give to accommodate the tendon when fire it. Pure bliss after that.

As Snowskisnow recommends get a proper bootfitter to have a looksee. My last boots were done in Ilkley, more orientated to touring boots, but may be worth giving them a ring as just up road from you - do a search on backcountry gear in Ilkley.

Good luck.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thankyou Everyone had an interesting conversation with a guy from gide and slide this morning the head boots i have got should be ok he said as they are big volume. Smile
As said in above posts will need some stretching and footbeds too.

Fingers crossed a few sessions with the fitter and i should be enjoying my holiday in selva on the 10th march, happy skiing everyone and thanks so much for the pointers

DAN

P.S losing too much weight is not an option or i would be getting smashed all over on the rugby pitch, im built for comfort not speed wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Depends what you mean by local but Rivington Alpine are only an hour by M62/61 from Leeds.

Highly recommended by me and others.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
horizontalskiclub,
Both my wife & I had boot issues & went to Solutions 4 feet in Bicester, they put new insoles & heel wedges in for me and a new pair of Head boots & insoles for my wilfe - what a difference when we skied at Christmas - my wife's never had boots so comfortable, so much better so she was able to concentrate on her skiing that she has come on a lot. Similar for myself - I can;t recommend them enough - friendly and informative, we were very impressed.
Noisey
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy