Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Closest decent skiing to Milan Bergamo?

Poster: A snowHead
May fit in a cheeky weekend dash in the near future.

Jet2's ski info lists resorts near Bergamo in terms of driving time to the ski areas. The following are listed as being within an hour - but internet searches are proving a bit fruitless:

Montecampioni
San Colombano

Anybody been or able to recommend any others nearby?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mountainaddict, I've been to Foppolo which is pretty close. Not a very pretty resort, not a huge amount of miles but OK for a couple of days. Hotel des Alpes was pretty good, great Italian food.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Foppolo , Carona lift lifted
Add in San Simone approx 8 k from Foppolo, non lift linked
And you have three small resorts on one pass

Carona a nice town in itself

Not the biggest resorts in the world, but at 60k from Bergamo, v handy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Colin B, dublin1 Cheers!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think the jet 2 flights are aimed at people travelling to Livigno, Bormio, and Passo Tonale
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We flew here when skiing in Val Gardena (Ortisei) Quite a long way but no problem as the roads are very good.
No good for the OP I know but I would do it again for anyone thinking about it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Try here. Not skied there but friends say its great for a weekend.

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Montecampione

Alternatively: Madesimo: More challenging, higher and some good Off-Piste. http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Madesimo

Aprica: Schools favourite, cheap and cheerful. Intermedaites. http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Aprica
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Where's Montecampioni?? As mentioned earlier, drawing a bit of a blank on finding the resort website..

Foppolo looks tempting distance-wise.....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.montecampione.it/
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mountainaddict, If Carina is a nice town as dublin1, suggests I think I'd consider there rather than Foppolo (which isn't that nice tbh), the skiing is linked.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Colin B: Got a teacher in our party so we're planning a no time off work, out early Sat, back late Sun, one and a half day's skiing dash - so we'll only be after one night's digs. So not too fussed where we stay TBH - though we would prefer a nice town if possible.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just revisiting this thread as there are really cheap flights for possibly another one night dash this winter Very Happy.....

Last Feb we ended up:

- Paying about £60 each for a one nighter to Milan Bergamo with Ryanair.
- Getting a cheap hire car
- Hiring skis to avoid £100 ski carriage.
- Taking boots and clobber as hand luggage.
- Skiing at San Simone on arrival afternoon. Absolutely tiny and with snow lifts but great snow and a great half day.
- Staying overnight in nearby Branzi (rustic, small mountain town - cheap digs, food and drink)
- Parking at Carona/skiing at Foppolo (chairlift from car park into ski area) - lovely weather and great snow. A brilliant day.

Carona is under an hour from Bergamo!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Madesimo is great but the drive isn't the quickest or easiest from Bergamo.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Seconded (or thirded) for Madessimo, you'll be best to head towards Como and come off at Leco, head up the east side of Lago Di Como and stay in the tunnels to speed it up. I'd be roughly guessing around 2 hours drive if its clear.

Its a better area if you're doing two days, not sure on accomodation though as we tend to drive up from our house in Menaggio for the day.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another endorsement for Madesimo, beautiful drive up by lake como, stopped for lunch, 3 days gastro skiing... 2 hungry italians did one of there tv shows from the region, the food is lovely - apres ski is quiet but plus side every round comes beautiful meats and cheeses. We drank prosecco on the slopes! A trip to madesimo is at least as much about the food as the skiing
latest report
Hi
If you were looking at Madesimo for as short stay as a couple of days,best solution would be to stay at Campodolicino (or Chiavenna) at the valley base and take the sky express from there into the ski area at Motta(takes 5mins) and saves driving u the mountain to Madesimo, you could do this in under 2hours from Bergamo.
snow report
Carona, San Simone Foppolo are tiny indivually, but if you have a car, you can ski at any of the three

There is a bus link between San Simone and Foppolo but I found it did not run

If you put the boot down, you can be there in an hour from Bergamo
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy