Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

greatest apres ski bar in the world

Poster: A snowHead
Which is it? Ronnies in Meribel is maybe 1 with Mooserwirt in St Anton being number 2 in my experience
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rumdiary,

1. Mooserwirt
2. Graibli
3. Londoner (Kitzbuhel)
4. Hotel Elisabeth, (Ischgl) wink

...............all in the land of the Lederhosen

But like most things it depends how many mates are about, and the craic
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Papperla Zermatt
Londoner Kitsbuhel
Lurzeralm Obertauern

nothing in France I'm afraid
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Farinet in Verbier, a class above (and several euros more). Or from my younger days Whiskey Mullers in Soll. Mosserwirt is a good shout, but have grown out of St Manton years ago.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mooserwirt
Goatssstall
Whatever the bar with the table dancers at the bottom of the home run in Ischgl was called

Bauers on a good day
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
anywhere nowadays as having a kid all but puts a stop to apres bars but pre-kid the moose, pub37, cafe fats (val d)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
5. Anton Bar (good music)
6. Sennhutte (great food, cheesy music)
7. Underground (laugh!)
8. Crap Bar (Laax)......good place
9. Rodelhutte (happy days)
10. Alpaca Bar (Tignes)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
clarky999,
Quote:

Whatever the bar with the table dancers at the bottom of the home run in Ischgl was called

That'll be the Elisabeth then!! Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mooserwirt - so much carnage and a broken Ski Helmet
Ice Bar Mayrhofen so many memories
Farinet - Just because of the cost and the rancid guinness but the Nachos are great
Goatssstall - Skiin into the back of a waiting taxi one eveining Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fattes13, you broke your helmet Shocked you racers love to party hard Laughing Laughing

Schnapps Hans, Zell am See
Dampfkessel/Hofstadl, Flachau. hard to choose between the two
Londoner, Kitzbühel
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hohenhaus Tenne and the KK must feature somewhere.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
love hans bar scnapps at zell, going to saalbach this time cant wait for the goasstall
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
One at the bottom of the Finkenberg gondola is a good one and the Finkennest is a cracker. Schatzi, Trofana Alm, Nikis Stadl , Mooserwirt, KK but number one over the years has to be the little old Savoy Bar in Argentiere
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bode Swiller wrote:

Much prefer Taps, KK's always felt a bit chavvy. Sort of like a Liquid club, but on a hill.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
clarky999, but as I discovered to my surprise last week, KK has the most fantastic food. Had just about my best lunch of the week there.
ski holidays
Yeah it's definitely a good lunch stop - as is the Moos actually.
ski holidays
Elisabeth and Nikis Stadl Ischgl
latest report
1. Purzelbaumalm - Flachau
2. Lurzeralm - Obertauern
3. Mooserwirt - St Anton

Used to like the Griabli in St Anton but last year it was not open when we rolled up there.
snow report
Quote:

Fattes13, you broke your helmet you racers love to party hard

You know I purposely put the word Ski in their as I knew it was coming Smile
latest report
1. Niki's Stadl, Ischgl. Great German europop and a very entertaining performance from Niki. Excellent atmosphere.
2. Goassstall , Hinterglemm. Great, booming dance on the table music, friendly atmosphere, great views of the mountains
3. Black Bull, Saas Fee. Smaller than the other two but very lively on the right dAy with great views of the 4000m peaks
4. Luiskeller, Selva - D J a great laugh. Snowbar at St Christina down the road also fun.

Can't think of any in France or Italy outside of the Südtirol that I'd put in my top 10
snow report
Piz Seteur above Selva had some cheeky outdoor afternoon apres last Thursday, DJ was banging out euro club tunes, Austrian-style apres without the oompah cheese!

snow report
apres is not about strippers
ski holidays
red 27 wrote:
apres is not about strippers

No, it's about a DJ and a pair of professional dancers getting the slightly inebriated crowd to start moving their uncoordinated bodies in time to the music, creating a feeling of well-being for all!! Razz
ski holidays
Chambre Neuf in Chamonix gets my vote followed by KK. Mooserwirt is great fun (once) but it really is like descending to the 7th layer of Hell and just annoying after the novelty has worn off.

Farinet was OK but preferred the lounge rather than the plastic glass serving youngsters bar. Mind you the tattooed lady serving beer was very easy on the eye wink
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:

The HT has some good memories for me. The first time I was in it, it really took me by surprise. Especially inthe Summer when the whole day shifts forward a couple of hours. Pished at 5pm - fantastic.
ski holidays
Mooserwirt - Good but as with St. Anton in general, too many British and I don't like the ski home.

KK - bit disappointing, no real party atmosphere and see above.

Underground - dark and dreary.

Londoner - to be fair I've only been in late season when it was fairly quiet but the place was filthy and in desperate need of a lick of paint.

Ice Bar - pretty good but no draught beer.

Schatzi - OK but once you've seen one gorgeous scantily clad girl dancing on the bar you've seen them all. Way too many blokes in there and very little in the way of apres cheese.

Trofana Alm - massive, packed, apres at its best.

Nikkis' and the Kitzloch, smaller versions of the Trofana but just as good.
snow report
Quote:

Quote:

anywhere nowadays as having a kid all but puts a stop to apres bars
Are the above perchance connected? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Trail End bar, Vail USA. Great bands, Great food & lots of great beer Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have to say I'm not a big fan of the Londoner. It's dirty, stinks of cigarettes, easily the most expensive bar in Kitz and full of irritating Brits. Much preferred the Streifalm bar at the bottom of the Hahnenkamm for an après drink.
ski holidays
queen bodecia, That was my impression too. Could have been any down at heel pub in a UK city. Guess I saw it on a bad day.
snow report
Chez Fred
snow conditions
Any place that I am Happy
ski holidays
Clachaig
ski holidays
halfhand, +1 for Chambre Neuf. Great moment a couple of years ago when a Scandi band closed with "Killing in the Name". The whole place was bouncing like crazy till some twonk threw a glass across the room. Band stopped, singer said "Don't throw f***ing glasses" and band started again, exactly where they had finished! Shocked

Love the Moose but it does tend to wear a bit thin after the novelty has worn off. Also agree that KK just doesn't quite get it right IMHO but the droves clearly disagree...

As mentioned on another thread I spent an hour or so in a mountain bar above Zurs. No idea what it was called but there was a lot of Euro gliteratti types listening to medleys of Shakin' Stevens etc and drinking Champagne that had been opened with a sword. I reckon it would have got lively an hour or so later before the last run down but we had a bus to catch.... Confused
snow report
Anybody know of any contenders in Engelberg? Heading there for a long w/e in a few weeks.
latest report
I'm going to throw in La Folie Douce in Val D'Isere.

Ignoring the outrageous prices, it's absolutely fantastic and proof that you don't need 8 pints for an amazing apres atmosphere.

It beats all the apres I've had in various Austrian resorts (but I'll compare with the Mooserwirt/KK after I come back from St Anton next month!)

I can't wait to get back to Val in March.
latest report
simo1234 wrote:
Anybody know of any contenders in Engelberg? Heading there for a long w/e in a few weeks.

Yucatan
snow report
Another vote for Goatsstall and, shifting away from Austria for a moment, how about Fat Alberts in Soldeu?
snow conditions
luigi wrote:
Piz Seteur above Selva had some cheeky outdoor afternoon apres last Thursday, DJ was banging out euro club tunes, Austrian-style apres without the oompah cheese!

[]

why the tats i just dont get it
ski holidays
barry, +1 for the Clachaig Very Happy If you're staying there after a particularly busy day at Glencoe, and it's fully booked, it's got a great atmosphere. Especially if there's a live band on!

Here's my (non-UK) contenders:

1: Schatzi Bar, Hotel Elizabeth, Ischgl (good knowing you don't have to ski afterwards, so can have as much to drink as you want)
2: Rond Point, Meribel (there as a group of 8 people, was a great laugh. Get in a few pitchers of beer, and a round of toffee vodkas, brilliant)
3: Piz Seteur, Selva (luigi, I was also there last Thurs (12th), was excellent. Seemed to finish quite early though!)
4: La Folie Douce, Val Thorens (loved this place, prefered this type of music to the Germanic Oompah style, looking forward to trying out their Val d'Isere 'branch' in March)

Probably quite a 'predictable' list, but that's been my experiences Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy