Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone know if you can be charged for crashing on apartment floor?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys!

A group of friends are heading out the La Tania in a few weeks and they tried adding me to there holiday but because their room was to occupancy and there were no larger rooms for available for those days, the travel agents weren't able to add me.

Has anyone heard of anyone being fined if they were caught staying in self catering apartments?

Was just going to get flights transfers and lift pass and just crash with them anyways.

Every time I've been to France self catering the Reps I've seen once a week and the only resort staff I've seen are the cleaners.

Hope someone has any advice, Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kat_88, Chance it but keep a credit card handy in case you need to book into somewhere else. Enough people crash on various floors after parties or arguments.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kat_88, You would be very,very unlucky to be spotted.Bit of common sense,low profile etc and you should be OK.Just dont be obvious...moving in and out as a group etc.If its a large block,you are just another skier anyway.Keep yer eyes open,tread lightly and all will be fine Toofy Grin

And welcome to snowheads snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could always try a bit of pressure pulling...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I doubt it given the ski trips I've been on with 18 to a studio flat (I think we managed 33 one new year after people invited other people).

However the limit is their for insurance reasons.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We always did this on Uni trips. We'd book 4 large apartments and fill them with as many people that wanted to go. Girls in 2 apartments, boys in the other 2. Luckily for me there were always fewer girls than boys so I got at least a sofa to sleep on. Sleeping on a floor doesn't sound like much of a holiday to me, nor does sharing a cramped apartment with 9 others, but it was a means to an end in those days. Good luck!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kat_88, now you have asked the question dont ask again or they will become suspicious. I would still go but be prepared incase you do get caught. When your mates check in, get them to take your bags with them so all you have to do is get yourself in without causing to much of a scene. Get yourself a flight booked and get out there!!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Doubt anyone could "fine" you, but if you were discovered your friends might forego any deposit if it breached the T and C or you could be asked to pay extra and asked to leave if you didn't. Or all of you just asked to leave. As others have mentioned plenty of people do for one reason or another end up staying over in places they did not originally intend to.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Of course the apartment owner does suffer much more wear and tear on his apartment, contents, furnishings etc not to say far more hot water being used if more than the stated number of people stay there.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
we don't rent out our apartment, but I'd feel miffed if there were twice as many people as allowed! However, when my son shared a (tiny) place in Val D'Isere with a ski instructor they regularly took in extra people - whenever they felt skint. One night, with extras already in place, they had a call at 10 pm from a couple of homeless snowboarders. Said the place was full, but they were so desperate they said they could come, but would have to sleep under the table. They were renting for the season and I suspect it was par for the course.

I'd go ahead, but make sure nobody in your apartment gives the neighbours any reason to complain. If you are noisy at 1 am, for example, you can be sure the neighbours will be spying and all too ready to tell the agents/owners.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The answer to your question is that you could legitimately ALL be thrown out and forfeit your deposit. Unlikely to happen, though.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the advice! Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My eldest daughter is just back from a Wasteland Ski trip to Val Thorens with her University.' Fines ' are given out on the 'Uni trips'. She was lucky as between the 4 of them sharing a broom cupboard they were only 'fined' €50 for not cleaning the cooker properly and some missing glasses.

Highest fine of the week was €500

But they had melted the carpet by setting off fire crackers in the room! Shocked

Some folk swapped rooms slept on floors etc but keep a low profile and no-one cares/notices.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing wrote:

But they had melted the carpet by setting off fire crackers in the room! Shocked

For some reason Brits like using apartment fridge doors for sledges. That usually makes a big dent in the deposit.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy