Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix- Anyone stayed here?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.verthotel.com/

What's it like? How convienient to the slopes? Town, Nightlife etc?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnboy, Never stayed, believe it's quite basic, about a 30 minute walk to the nearest lifts - no idea if it's on a bus route.

Probably a good 20-25 minute walk to the next nearest bar. It's not really in Chamonix itself...although to be fair it may be within the municipal boundary.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When are you going johnboy?
We'll be in Les Houches in a couple of weeks time.
CW Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Johnboy, Stick your dates up and we might be able to get together for some cheap(ish) digs. We are two BASI instructors on a course in March.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnboy, I haven't stayed there but I know it well. It's very trendy and has a good vib, HOWEVER it would be hopeless if you don't have you're own transport as its a mile outside town with no bus or nearby lift, you may be able to get around on the train.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks folks, looking at it as I've been invited with a bigger group for 5th Feb, just wanted to find out what its like. Bit out of town, but we have a fairly large group, so maybe taxi sharing is the best option.

Flights only £40.00 currently! How much is a small beer in Cham?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
johnboy, seems to rate highly on Tripadvisor
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Norn Irlanders?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnboy, the guys who do the Daily Dump Snow report seem to be based there. If youre on facebook, the Chamonix page links to them. They've replied to a few of my posts, so you might want to drop them a line.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnboy,

I've stayed at the hotel last year and in the chalet they also run (as a separate business) the year before that. Loved it both times. Run by a enthusiastic bunch of youngish fellas and were always helpful and up for a laugh.

It is a bit out of town 15-20 mins walk but they put on a ski bus for i think 6eur pp a day where they'll drop you off in an area and pic you up at a later agreed time. they also used to do a free evening bus every hour from the hotel into town and back until midnight.

I'll be honest, it is a lively place the bar is good and the food well above average but rooms are a bit on the basic side, clean and tidy but not The Hilton by any stretch. Onsite ski-hire/shop too which is handy.

Overall I'd go back time and time again but I'm easily pleased and prefer the vibe of a place to aires and graces!!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Joe
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I like it and I used to stay quite often. Agree with everything here, it is lively and the bar is good, they put on a lot of events and it's got a nice atmosphere. I do think it's become overpriced considering where it is, plus the rooms are nothing special. They have done a lot to renovate them but not much they can do about small size and thin walls, plus the bathrooms have not been too good in the ones I've had.

They are very nice people and really make guests feel at home, they're making it work by putting a lot of effort into the bar, restaurant etc, and it's popular so more power to them.

I have to say that I've had some kind of service disaster about 50% of my visits there, eating or staying, but I honestly think this is just luck of the draw, I know lots of people who go regularly and love it.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 5-02-12 22:28; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
"has anyone stayed in Chamonix ?"

Hmmm, does Dolly Parton sleep on her back ? Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy