Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Unofficial Portes du Soleil not-the-weather Thread

Poster: A snowHead
dennisp, that's 4 lifts via Super Morzine, according to the old lift map in my head... Twisted Evil
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dennisp, haha, I'd have put money on you checking up on me wink . Yes Prodains-Tour-Mosette works but down to LC from there is often not great for blue run skiers. Downloading the Wall is the cruisy option.

Don't forget S-Morzine takes two lifts, unless you plan to hike the chair for a warm-up!

under a new name, go straight on at the mini-roundabout and over the old humpty-back bridge. It's often quicker and always better Cool
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that... Not sure I fancy this 'wall' you are talking about! Haha.

No doubt OH will I bet, lol
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
shep, "go straight on at the mini-roundabout and over the old humpty-back bridge. It's often quicker and always better" - I'm trying to work out where you mean?

Mrs Shep feeling better? We missed you on Sunday (but had a nice lunch nonetheless)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi- Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We are travelling to Morzine with two young children mid March. I have been looking at two accomodations, one near Super Morzine lift (bois des vendans) and the other route des Putheys. With regard to ski school meeting points, slope accessibility and ski bus routes (considering I will be carrying two little peoples skis) which area would be recommended? Pleney side/area would seem to suit us best with proximity to Les Gets but am unsure! Thanks in advance.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, a few options obviously. I'll report back with my experience !
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name, Yes no longer howling at the moon... I'm sure you did, when are you next over? I have a pass (in more ways than one) now!

In Marignier, heading our way, go through the centre-ville over the speed bumps follow the road it'll bring you over a narrow bridge then right and left to get onto the Chatillon road. Misses out that stupid left turn.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
dennisp, that's 4 lifts via Super Morzine, according to the old lift map in my head... Twisted Evil

Damn me, yes the S-M is a 4 lift trip - glad to say the map in your old head is still correct wink Stupid thing is I rode the S-M/Zore combo this summer so know its a double hit. Never rode it in the winter yet (only spent 4 half days skiing last season due to chalet hunting Cool ).

Planning now on going for 10 days start of Feb to avoid the school hols, can't wait!! Its the same week as last year so hopefully get the same epic conditions snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
shep wrote:
dennisp, haha, I'd have put money on you checking up on me wink . Yes Prodains-Tour-Mosette works but down to LC from there is often not great for blue run skiers. Downloading the Wall is the cruisy option.

Moi??! Toofy Grin

Thanks for the tip on the piste, am considering finally trying to do some mileage with the wife this season and actually see more than piste B and Linderets, so advice on poor novice blues is great, much the same as I got from all you helpful SH's on the trip down from Rochassons.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
shep, ah, OK, that sounds good. will check out next trip. Good question... will ping you text...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
casper123, neither option is walkable to the Pleney lift with little ones, which is where you need to get to to meet the morzine ski schools. But the shuttle buses connect everywhere so if your budget can't get you closer in don't worry. If you buy something in for instance Francois Baud or probably any of the ski shops at the bottom of the lift on the first day, and ask whilst paying, they'll let you leave all the skis and boots there overnight for the week for free.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great Shep. Thanks for advice. We have been looking at owners direct for accomodation and these are two options. I will look to see if anything nearer Pleney lift area. If you can recommend anywhere I should check out please let me know, thanks again.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
interesting tips on how to ski bumps. posted here because the demo is on the 'wall'

http://www.morznet.com/events/videos/reports.html

seems less scary than the stories I've heard, but do notice he is skiing in fresh'ish' snow and on the skiers left, which I have heard is the easier side wink Puzzled
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dennisp, you can view from the chair first Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dennisp, often difficult to get a good idea of gradient from a video...
latest report
under a new name, Laughing
snow conditions
sarah, Laughing

under a new name, i know. The last shot showed it pretty well though - I was like Shocked
ski holidays
dennisp, how much fun you have on "The Wall" is very dependent on conditions. Though I didn't ski it on Tuesday I had a look from the Ripaille drag and think it might have been at it's best a few days after fresh snow with bumps relatively modest and softening in the sun. If you catch it after two weeks of nothing fresh and in cold temperatures it will probably be as exciting as you'd care for.

I reckon skiers left is a bit easier and away from the cliff which probably makes a psychlogical difference!
snow conditions
BUMP!! page 4! tsk tsk

Anyone going on a last minute out there? Looks like the weather has taken a turn for the better! snowHead
snow conditions
dennisp, (I've said it before, I'll say it again) the biggest problems with the wall are the confirmed_blue_run scalp takers who want to impress the chalet-slaves with a notch on the (rented, previously well-notched and stained) bed.

Keep a good eye out for uncontrolled gravity-driven human debris above you...
ski holidays
under a new name, I assure you, I will not be using the wall, as you have described me perfectly in your thread

Quote:
the confirmed_blue_run scalp takers

I shall no doubt observe from the chair lift!
ski holidays
Its pretty bare and muddy skiing down to the Fys lift - we approached it over the bridge so didn't do the mud slide. Going up on the lift and English skier was underneath and calling down to her companion - 'is it ok to ski down here?' she carried on and just made it past the two rather large pigs that were lumbering across the piste at the time. Also lots of the Morzine horses happily grazing away. Made me remember the other year when I was lined up to go through the barrier for the Fys lift and the resident pig at the time came and stood beside me. One time when my OH would have loved to have had his camera with him.
snow report
dennisp, sage plan. If you really want steep access into Les Crosets, then (assuming stability) the couloirs from Cubore or Mossettes are fun.
latest report
I've peered down those Mossettes ones and gazed at them from the lift back up from the Swiss side. They look steep but maybe......

Slightly worried by that Swiss side being the slidiest bit of the PDS in my experience.
latest report
haha, you guys talking about couloirs, the wall and slidey bits.... rolling eyes

Im happy cruising some blues thanks Laughing would like to try some tame off piste but concerned (or the wife is) that ill end up where i shouldn't be...
ski holidays
Pamski, did they improve the section to the Fys lift from Lievre? or is the bridge still the only way (snow missing obviously).
latest report
dennisp, The thing is I'm only talking about it. What happens when I next get out there is probably a different thing all together (likely to involve more blues, reds and lunch).
snow conditions
dennisp, still really the only way is the bridge which was fine today and access to it fine - that could be the lack of people of course! The lift that goes back up to Nyon by the tunnel was running but the access to it from the Lievre was more or less fenced off - we weren't trying to use it today so didn't take too much notice till we were on the Fys lift and looked across.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
andyph if you're there Oinky's back Laughing
latest report
Page 4 Shocked

Bumping for a push for my friends at BASS Chatel:

Just posted this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2441460#2441460 in BZK, about training in Chatel this week, posting the link here as may be of interest to folks on this thread
latest report
Hi all - does anyone know if you can buy a two-day lift pass at the bottom of the Nyon lift? Or as an alternative, can you buy the day before at the Pleney cash office for the next two days?

We arrive in resort tomorrow and our chalet is out near Nyon so we want to get as close to the first lift up as possible on Friday, but can we buy the passes out there or can we buy them the day before at Pleney?

I've searched on the official websites but nothing's jumping out at me.

Thanks in advance
snow report
There is a ticket office at the Nyon cable-car. There should be no queue on a friday morning, unless you meet an arriving ski-bus. Or you can buy at Pleney for the next day.
latest report
Brilliant - either option works then, thank you so much!
ski holidays
I bought a 2 day pass from Nyon last year, the afternoon before I needed it. No problems other than the fact the lady didn't speak English, but we got what we wanted eventually.
ski holidays
Can anyone recommend a ski hire place in morzine?
ski holidays
v1cky24, friends used All Mountain Rental last season and were pleased with the kit and service.
latest report
Thanks sarah, will check it out
ski holidays
sarah, if you are accessing by Ardent, then you could try Flexrent, who we now recommend to our guests, as we also recommend this access if driving. They have a shop at Ardent bubble that you can store your gear at too.

Talk to Marie: info@flexrent-alps.com
latest report
dennisp wrote:
sarah, if you are accessing by Ardent, then you could try Flexrent, who we now recommend to our guests, as we also recommend this access if driving. They have a shop at Ardent bubble that you can store your gear at too.

Talk to Marie: info@flexrent-alps.com

dennisp I am not looking for a ski hire shop recommendation thanks, and in fact I gave you the one you are now recommending to me in a previous thread a few months ago, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2404766&highlight=ardent+sports#2404766 rolling eyes:

sarah wrote:
dennisp, I would look at Flexrent as they are based from their shops Ardent Sports in Montriond and at Ardent and their website says they will deliver out to you up there too. If I was staying at your place I would mostly ski from Ardent and so it would be good to know you could pop into the shop there easily if any equipment issues. Hope this helps a bit.
latest report
Oops, sorry sarah, pressed the wrong name, I meant v1cky24. Wasn't claiming to be the know all of knowledge, just like passing on the great advice I have received on here, so no need to rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy