Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private lesson flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Hi this is my first post and I am hoping someone can help. We are going to flaine march 17 th and whilst husband has continued to improve I remain a nervous skier. If this makes any sense, I can ski but I won't let myself Sad . If anyone knows of an instructor who is patient I feel I might benefit from either one to one or a very small private lesson. I would appreciate any feedback, thank you.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,
Try lyn @ http://www.flaine.com/en/winter/moniteurs-independants-en-winter-3-34-1.htm.
Flaine ski clinic.
He is a Canadian instructor who has many years experience, my teenage kids have a couple lessons each time we go.
We also have a female friend who is very nervous skier, he has helped her ho end.
Try to book befor you arrive as he gets booked up
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I second the vote for Lynn- had a couple of lessons with him last year. He was great. I think he would be very good with a nervous skier. He won't stick you on the lift to the top of the mountain for the first lesson. My beloved and I (both advanced/experts) each had a couple of one hour lessons with him and he was big on technique on the beginners slopes. I think he was 50 euros per hour.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nyliram, another vote for Lynne

Telephone: 33 457 44 61 26
Mobile: 33 666 13 92 81
www.flaineskiclinic.com

Have a great time in Flaine.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No 4
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm 25 and looking for tuition in Flaine. I'm a confident skier (unsure what bracket I'd fall into, how advanced is advanced??), who'll challenge any slope but my technique will certainly need work after 10 years since any tuition. Do you think this guy is for me or is he more tailored for the, lets say, more mature skier?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wow...he is still there.

He was already a Flaine legend 20 years ago.
Incredibly experienced and highly sought after in those days. He was even booked up a year in advance for peak times as he operated a dead-man's-shoes booking arrangement (ie if you had a certain week this season then you had first refusal for next season).

His speciality was the more mature, and/or more nervous skier, but we were neither and found him to be excellent, I still use some of his tips all these years later.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RichTraff wrote:
I'm 25 and looking for tuition in Flaine. I'm a confident skier (unsure what bracket I'd fall into, how advanced is advanced??), who'll challenge any slope but my technique will certainly need work after 10 years since any tuition. Do you think this guy is for me or is he more tailored for the, lets say, more mature skier?

This is the exact situation I am in. Might have to try and book him. I'm going on the 10th.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For the 25 and confident brigade I’d say Lyn isn’t the man for you. He was great when my Mum learnt to ski at 62 but not if you want to learn to ski fast solid carving turns etc.

I’d day David Hughes at the ESI would be the man for the job (assuming he’s still there). Very good at picking out just a few key things to work on for the week that will make a bit difference. Very good at finding an explanation and exercise that demonstrates what he means that relates to you. Highly recommended.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'll look into him then, thankyou!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm afraid David is no longer with ESI or instructing, he does live in Flaine and my children still ski with him over Xmas.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I'm afraid David is no longer with ESI or instructing, he does live in Flaine and my children still ski with him over Xmas.

Bummer. Anybody got another recommendation for MattMattMatt and I?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RichTraff,
the guy who runs the ESI in Flaine is good. Can´t remember his name tho, sorry. Also think that Lynne would not be the guy for you even tho he is great with other types of skier.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks everyone. So in a nutshell Lynn is great for the older more mature skier and ESI intructors are good for the younger and immature like me!

Does anybody have a direct email address for enquiries at ESI? I can't find a number on there mobile web page.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I believe it's flaine@esi-grandmassif.com

ESI will probably have some "older" instructors as well. If you explain what you're after, I'm sure they'll find someone suitable.
snow report
Thanks galpinos. I may actually look into group lessons granted classes aren't too big. But thats an entirely different topic.
snow conditions
Thank you everyone for your replies. Lyn sounds exactly what i am hoping for in tuition and will follow this up. i am hugely looking forward to our ski holiday although coming to skiing quite late we both absolutley love it. Have a brill time anyone who is going skiing soon.
snow conditions
One more question. Do all the instructors in flaine tend to speak good English?
snow report
Having seen Lyn zooming down the piste with a couple of younger skiers in tow, less of the "he's only for the oldies" talk!

Lyn is very good on technique and will tweek your skills to set you up for the next level. This may not involve taking you to the top of a black mogul field and skiing down it, but could well involve teaching techniques that can be applied in all sorts of situations. He taught me in a way that made sense to me and my way of learning, and that is one of the most important things!
ski holidays
Help please I am having probes getting a contact number for Canadian instructor lyn can anyone help please. Thank you
snow report
Nyliram, Zigzag ski http://www.zigzagski.com/ Adrien and his team are great: My son had a private lesson last week and had a tremendous time with them.
ski holidays
Lynne +33666139281

I had a few lessons with him last week. He was great. I would highly recommend if you want to develop great fundamental techniques that enable you to just keep on getting better.
ski holidays
Can anyone please give me an idea of approx how much I should budget dot a private lesson. ( or two). Thank you.
ski holidays
I think Lyn was about 50 euros per hour last season.
ski holidays
I'd try asking for Theo from ESI, if he's still there!

I had a week of privates with him a few years ago and he was brilliant.
snow report
I recommend Bernard at ESF Flaine, if he is still there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy