Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Life in Le Fornet?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi finally booked for 29th Jan and out of very few choices (Had to be Val D'isere) have ended up booking a room in a nice looking chalet in Le Fornet, has anyone got recent info on whether there is anywhere apart from the 2 restaurants to say have an apres ski or pre dinner beer or is a bus into the main village the only option?

Thanks for any info would be good to know beforehand so can plan for a supermarket run on arrival.

Oldmike
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sad Oh dear 89 views and no reports of any watering hole in Le Fornet Guess will be visiting a supermarket asap on arrival.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shhh, you'll wake the neighbours.

Excellent base for getting up to the glacier and across to Solaise quickly so great for keen skiers. Limited evening options though, I think you've listed them all. If you're with a good group who do't mind spending each evening in the chalet together then no problem.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We stayed there perhaps 20 years ago with Ski Olympic. In the evenings we stayed in the chalet as there wasn't much to do outside without getting the bus all the way down to Val.

It was a frustrating week. There was too much snow and we were locked in our chalet on many mornings while they bombed the sides of the valley. They wouldn't even run the Telepherique.

Judging by Google Streetview, things haven't changed all that much:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=45.45029,7.010517&t=m&z=18
Push the little man about to see the view from the road.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stayed there last week. Just he 2 restaurants as far as i know (didn't go but heard good reports) and a guy playing french horn in the road, probably got kicked out of the house to practise! Bus to the main village is in order but they're fairly regular. Every 5 mins in day til about 6 then every 10min til 8pm, after that every 30 mins after 8 until the last one leaving val at about 2:15, but apparantly it's not usually on time.

Have a great time
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I stayed at the ski total chalet in fornet last year, no nightlife at all but I do remember there is a cafe/bar underneath the cable car?
The bus to/from town is pretty swish so you're best off hitting one of the bars there and getting a bus back later.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed there a few years back and i dont remember there being anywhere to eat apart from the by the lift!

Lovely place though and we had a great time even though you are a 5 minute cab away from the main town.

Enjoy.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Really liked Le Fornet when I stayed there, you have the Le Fornet Glacier to yourself in the mornings and first tracks down the backside if there's any fresh but there is not a lot, i.e. nothing, in the way of nightlife
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers guys kind of what I thought.

Fantastic link Altis now I know the narrow gullley is a river, that explains issues with narrowness and speed control at times!!!

http://g.co/maps/wp75y

Embarassed
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy