Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids Ski Lessons - Les Arcs 1800 (think its 1800 lol Rob@rars place)

Poster: A snowHead
I have a 10 yr old and 5 yr old who have always skied with ESF - in the school hols it works out Ok as they find a couple of English speaking friends...but out of school hols its not certain. Going in Feb (not half term)...are there English ski school options anyone could recommend or should we stick with ESF?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I looked at this as we were planning in taking my little one (5yrs) to Les Arcs with us. The best option I have found is New Generation they are in Vallandry but will come up they offer kids lessons in group and private in your resort. We could not get our little one in and as she had such a terrible time in Morillon with ESF we have left her this year and will book earlier next year.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sorry should have said New Generation is an English Ski School - ooops
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shimmy Alcott, am I stalking you or are you stalking me? Laughing Yes it's 1800 but no idea about ski school. I can recommend the helicopter rescue service however Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lou, are you staying/stayed at Robs? I've been worried about you for a while wink whats with the helicopter?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Shimmy Alcott, If you are in Arc 1800, getting over to Vallandry with little ones for lessons is a real pain unless the Instructor will come to you. The ESF in 1800 has some good Englsih speaking Instructors. If you make it clear at the start that they need to be taught in English you should be ok, but there will be few English speaking kids about outside the UK school holidays unless you are very lucky. You can also try Arc Adventure, but they are basically the same as ESF. I do have the contact details of some English speaking Instructors that give private lessons if that will help. Send me a PM or visit my Les Arcs Winter page. Hope this helps.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks guys. Will look into what New Gen can offer group wise - if not it will be good old ESF again.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shimmy Alcott, NewGen lessons start at 9.15am and 11.30am (I think). It's not possible to get there for the 9.15am start from my place unless you walk up the piste for about 15 minutes. The later start isn't a problem, and one of the routes there is a very easy ski across the hill on technically a blue, but it should be classed as a green.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shimmy Alcott, Shimmster, we are at robs place at half term. Booked in with arc adventures who guaranteed me their instructors all spoke English, they are just a little more expensive than esf who couldn't guarantee english speaking instructors, from what I can remember we're quite a bit cheaper than New generation. And operate from 1800.
Only 3 weeks to go, can't wait.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ricfrench, are you there the week before us then? We go on the 25th Feb Smile feel free to leave me a welcome bottle of bubbly in the fridge Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Shimmy Alcott, Never one to miss an opportunity snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ricfrench, just kidding Wink think you might be there two weeks before us - as I calculate 5 and a half weeks till my hol Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Shimmy Alcott, You're right. Someone is between us Confused
It's looking fantastic out there at the moment. First time in the Alps, for skiing, can't wait. Did I say that before
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Lou, are you staying/stayed at Robs? I've been worried about you for a while wink whats with the helicopter?

We went in April Very Happy Snow (as everywhere) was, well you know what it was like Toofy Grin We drove over to La Plagne for a day, up to glacier, very nice but I insisted on a helicopter to get back down. Luckily it was our penultimate day anyway.

We could see the skiing potential so going back again in April this year (different accommodation as Rob's was booked)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

guaranteed me their instructors all spoke English

at half term there should be other English kids about but Shimmy Alcott is right to be concerned about non half-term weeks. It doesn't matter how brilliantly the instructor speaks english. If your kid is the only Anglophone in the group, 90% of the communication is going to be in French, and they wouldn't be able to chitter to the other kids. Which is half the fun! that's the problem we have with group lessons in the Espace Diamant. Unless you're a moderately good French speaker, it's a bit isolating to be the only Anglophone in a group. Luckily private lessons are v cheap in the low season!
ski holidays
Lou, we obviously know all the quality accommodation Wink I will miss Chris bringing my morning croissants Sad
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott, there's something special about those croissants Very Happy
latest report
Lou, I get accused of pimping lol but they are the best croissants ever!
latest report
We spent 2 weeks at in Arcs 1800 and used Arc Adventures both times. Their meet is at their ski garden in 1800 which is not a problem from rob@rar's place once you realise where it is, and their office can be seen from the piste, they are quite happy to meet at the lifts though esp. for private lessons - we tried both group and private lessons with them. They all spoke nice English and my kids never had a problem with them.
ski holidays
Megamum, That's good to hear, where is their Ski garden?
latest report
ricfrench, you can get into it from the bottom (near their ski garden office) by standing at transarc lift standing looking up the mountain at the lift and walking into the bank of tree to you right hand side. You have to find the short small path that goes up at about 2 O'clock from the lift angle and after a very short distance you will come out at the bottom of the ski garden - note though that is an uphill walk and I think easier with skis on shoulders. You can ski into the ski garden at the top where maitaz run meets grands melezes - the busy confluence where several of the ski runs meet to go down the last short section to the trans arc station. if you haven't been to Robs place before skiing down the small slope immediately outside his place and bearing right at the bottom then takes you past the lift office on your right hand side after a further very short distance - keep and eye out for it and ski down the small path to it. There is then a small path through the trees that brings you out to the first set of lifts and the transarc stn is just over the next rise - a small bit of poling/skating is often needed. If you don't need the lift office continuing on the first path without going down to it brings you out in the same place by the first set of lifts.
snow conditions
Megamum, Nothing too complicated then?
ski holidays
ricfrench, to get to the TransArc walk up the stairs out of my ski room; put on your skis and follow the piste down through the trees until you come to the lifts; the TransArc gondola is the lift furthest away from you along the snow front and is the only gondola out of Arc 1800 so you can't miss it. The Arc Adentures snowgarden is behind the TransArc, up the hill a bit. Easy to find.

wink
snow report
Megamum, We are staying in Chambrey nord F1 on Friday night, a nice early start gets us to Arc 1800 way too early for access to robs place. I think we will just use some time to check the place out, get an extra half days pass and rental sorted.
Never been there b4 so a good look round won't hurt.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy