Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Im going to Tignes, Val Claret on February 4th for a week

Where should I hire my skis, I want to start the week on piste skis and after a few days swap to twin tip all mountain skis.

I cant find anywhere that allows you to swap skis during the week and has both piste and all mountain twin tips for a good price, so any suggestions?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When you say

Quote:
I cant find anywhere that allows you to swap skis during the week and has both piste and all mountain twin tips for a good price

what do you mean... where have you tried? What do you consider to be a good price?

I would expect all the shops in the resort itself would do this, limited to the range they have available.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ive tried skiset but on there site they dont have any all mountain twin tips available (they used to have salomon twenty twelve's available)

Im unsure of what skis intersport have available as there site is not very good, and piste skis and all mountain skis are a different price so I don't know weather I would be able to swap anyway

Skimium have a good range of what I want in the privilege package but it is much more thn skiset and intersport and you have to pay extra to be able to swap skis
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hutchy, Havent used them for a while but SKI REPUBLIC used to be fairly easy going about swapping kit. Could be worth a look.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've booked some Salomon Lords from Le Vallon Blanc in Le Lac. I'm out on 4th Feb and staying in Val Claret but it's only 10 mins on the bus to Le Lac.

They have pics of all their skis. The Lords I've booked are this seasons but they also have last years at a cheaper price. You can ring them and see if they'll be able to sort you.

Here's the link

http://www.vallon-blanc.com/ski/ski-shop-tignes.html
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ideally I would like somewhere in Val Claret. although I do like the salomon lords and I considered buying them for this season
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The rental shops are massive there and it would not be feasible for them to list every brand and style of ski they rent. They are also all very competitive so pricing is good.

I think you will have no problem doing this at any/all of the big rental shops in VC.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hutchy, you could try the guys at Tignes Spirit, they are a really nice bunch and helped us out on the PSB, they deliver to you I believe and have a range of Head an Movement skis.

http://www.tignes-spirit.com/services/ski-rental

Plus they are English Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tignes Spirit do Movement skis, I hired some Movement Jams though not strictly a twin tip, maybe the source would suit you? It is only 5 mins away on the free bus to La Lavachet where they are based and they will pickup at the end of your trip. Or try

http://www.skis2u.co.uk/prestige.php

not tried them myself but have a decent selection.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for all the suggestions but I had a look on skiset again and they had the Salomon twenty twelve available again and thanks to snowheads discount, quido cashback and the good exchange rate I got them for a good price.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I head to Tignes on 3rd March, should I book my intermediate skis via Direct Ski now, or just go along when I arrive and rent from Skiset? Direct Ski are only charging €90.

Looks like there is a Skiset shop near where I'm staying (Hamea du Borsat).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy