Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix to Courmayeur transfers

Poster: A snowHead
We`re in Chamonix next week but want to spend a day in Courmayeur (mainly so we can eat at Chiecco`s, I`m afraid).

What`s the easiest mode of transfer ?

There may be a bus but I`m also interested in private transfer companies (a bit more flexibility).

Can anyone recommend anything ?

Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Haute transfer will do you a private transfer

There is a bus which is i think free if you have the mbu pass.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can't you go via the Midi/Helbronner lifts? You'll end up in the wrong bit of Cormeyeur but there's probably a bus.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
altis, Helbronner isn't open in the winter.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
altis, FlyingStantoni, the Helbronner 3 stage cable cars were open when I was last in Courmayeur (March 2009). However, as far as I know the top station of the top lift does not meet up with the top of the Aiguille du Midi lift from Chamonix. In fact it looks a long way apart and quite a difference in altitude from the piste map.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
queen bodecia, FS is referring to the bubble that runs between the top of the Helbronner and the top of the Aiguille du Midi.

It's rather an expedition to cross over without it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I`ll check out Haute. Many thanks.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jonty wrote:
We`re in Chamonix next week but want to spend a day in Courmayeur (mainly so we can eat at Chiecco`s, I`m afraid).

What`s the easiest mode of transfer ?

There may be a bus but I`m also interested in private transfer companies (a bit more flexibility).

Can anyone recommend anything ?

Thanks in advance.

chiecco's is an experience, not just great food but the people that run it are hilarious.
your almost told what you want to eat. it really is worth the trip
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I went there a couple of times three years ago. It is indeed an experience ! I don`t mind being told what to eat - provided it`s good - and it was. Very good. Anna (and her knife wielding spouse) provided some great front of house hospitality.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Any good restaurant recommendations for Chamonix ?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jonty, If you like Chiecco's try the "Cafe de l'Arve" (in the Hotel de l'Arve, oddly enough) or Munchie
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Under a new name - is that Chamonix or Courmayeur ?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jonty, CHX
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ta.

I shall check that out.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I`ve had a look at where we`re staying - Cafe de L`Arve and Munchie are both within 2-3 mins walk - both get rave reviews in T.A. Very Happy
snow conditions
La Crèmerie http://www.lacremerieduglacier.fr/ is a good lunch time stop. A sign for it through the trees near the bottom of one of the pistes from Les Grand Montets, don't remember the exact way though.

Edit: It's off the red Pierre à Ric piste
snow report
Quote:

La Crèmerie http://www.lacremerieduglacier.fr/ is a good lunch time stop

But a reservation is essential!!
ski holidays
I can see skiing going out the window. Heresy I know but....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy