Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Short break from Geneva 24Mar to 28Mar. Low costs and with beginners. Help please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Hope you guys can help.
Just joined the forum and am trying to plan my first ski trip.
I have skied before but in groups where all organisation has been done for me and now trying to do the hard work myself.

We plan to travel Sat 24 Mar to Wed 28 Mar for a short break to Geneva and then on from there.

We aren't really sure which resort to go to and thought who better to ask than other snowheads!

I have read many threads and most seem to recommend morzine and having looked, the accomodation is cheap and good with flexibility on dates which is a big issue for us since we only have 4 nights.
However my biggest concern is the fact it is quite low and reading a snow report from that time (24 mar) last year, they were saying there was rain and slush.
I am travelling with a group of beginners so I need to also try and sort out lessons for them that can fit around our short stay schedule.

Really would value your input on:
snow in morzine during that time of year
lessons for short breaks
alternative resorts

I have contacted mountainsun who are offering les coches at a great rate but am concerned that the transfer time (2.5hours) will severely reduce what limited skiing time we have left.

Please help!

Thanks!
Jan
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

However my biggest concern is the fact it is quite low and reading a snow report from that time (24 mar) last year, they were saying there was rain and slush.

last year was grim in most places, to be fair, but Morzine is a little low for end March.

Don't rule out Mountainsun - an extra hour at the beginning and end of your stay won't make a big difference and their transfer deals will save you a lot of money on any of the alternatives.

They will be able to help you with lessons for your beginners, too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy