Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du soleil HELP!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have never been to the portes du soleil before, im heading off there at the end of march, however our accomodation plans to stay in morzine have fallen through and have had to agree to stay in les gets instead. I plan to get as high as possible for better snow most days, so avoriaz etc.

I belive you can get to avoriaz via the lifts from les gets is this true? how long would that take? and if the lifts are closed as its late in the season are there bus transfers from les gets to morzine?

any help would be a great!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
"I belive you can get to avoriaz via the lifts from les gets is this true? how long would that take? and if the lifts are closed as its late in the season are there bus transfers from les gets to morzine? "

It's a while since I went to PdS but am virtually certain you have to go via Morzine. See the piste map: http://www.portesdusoleil.com/images/upload/portfolio_img/portes_du_soleil_plan_domaine.pdf
At a rough guess, I would think it would take a reasonable intermediate over an hour to get from Les Gets to Avoriaz.

Also very confident you can get the bus from Les Gets to Morzine - but if all lifts/pistes between Les Gets & Avoriaz are closed, chances are virtually the whole of PdS is too.

Sure someone will confirm shortly whether or not I am writing rubbish.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mattyv13, you have to ski over to the bottom of Pleney in Morzine; either walk 10 minutes to Super Morzine or take the "petit train" and then go up the Super Morzine lift and ski across.

kitren2005's guess of an hour is probably a reasonable one. From the bottom of Les Gets to the bottom of Pleney is two lifts and would take me around 20 minutes. Super Morzine to Avoriaz is another three lifts and probably around 25 minutes.

There are buses to Morzine, but I don't know the details sorry as I don't use them. If you're staying in a chalet then it's worth checking if they have a bus and will drop you. Many chalets do.

You are right that late March is relatively late in the season for Morzine / Les Gets, but given the amount of snow we've already had then you'd be really unlucky not to be able to ski over. If there's one thing that you can say about Morzine / Les Gets it's that they know how to manage pistes to keep them open.

Don't, though, assume that just because it's the end of March that you'll need to get up to Avoriaz. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what is available locally.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
FlyingStantoni wrote:
mattyv13, you have to ski over to the bottom of Pleney in Morzine; either walk 10 minutes to Super Morzine or take the "petit train" and then go up the Super Morzine lift and ski across.

kitren2005's guess of an hour is probably a reasonable one. From the bottom of Les Gets to the bottom of Pleney is two lifts and would take me around 20 minutes. Super Morzine to Avoriaz is another three lifts and probably around 25 minutes.

There are buses to Morzine, but I don't know the details sorry as I don't use them. If you're staying in a chalet then it's worth checking if they have a bus and will drop you. Many chalets do.

You are right that late March is relatively late in the season for Morzine / Les Gets, but given the amount of snow we've already had then you'd be really unlucky not to be able to ski over. If there's one thing that you can say about Morzine / Les Gets it's that they know how to manage pistes to keep them open.

Don't, though, assume that just because it's the end of March that you'll need to get up to Avoriaz. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what is available locally.

Very true. If you do need to go up tio Avoriaz and ski up there, instead of skiing all the way back to the top of the Super Morzine bubble, ski down to Les Prodains and your lift pass covers the bus that runs back to Morzine. Much quixker than skiing it in my opinion.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the help so far, much appreciated! hopefully everything will work out nicely! Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy