Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Take Me to (Ski) Alpe D'Huez - gone bust???

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

Has anyone heard anything about the company Take Me to (Ski)? I have booked a holiday with them at the ski show last year for their hotel, Grand Rousses in Alpe D'Huez and paid around £1400 for a package including chalet board, lift pass and ski hire. I noticed this week that the hotel has gone from their website and when checking Trip Advisor just now now it seems they have gone bust and people have been turning up to the hotel with no booking and had to pay all over again.

I paid on my credit card in full - what are my rights here, anyone know?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Chris
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
coxy84, If the amount is over £100 and less than £30,000 then the credit card company is equally liable under section 75 of consumer credit act

look here

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Heck, that doesn't sound good. Ditto the above comment, you should be covered under your credit card, but I can't think of anything worse than having to go through all of that when you should be skiing instead. Hope it all works out.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both for your replies. I have contacted my card provider and they have raised a dispute for the payment. Hope I can get the money back before 5th Feb when my week off begins otherwise no holiday. I can't believe the company hasn't told us anything. I only emailed them my sizes for ski, boots etc this week and received a reply to say they had received them and all would be communicated to the hotel. However, it seems they've done a runner from the hotel over a week ago...
I feel sorry for the hotel owner as Take Me to had exclusive booking rights for this hotel which means it will most likely be empty for the winter...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
coxy84, also see here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=84982 and here (Skola at Sat 14 Jan, 12 at 22:56)
22:56 http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=82912&start=80

good luck
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
coxy84, That's real bad luck.On the positive side,you should have no problems getting refunded(as carroz, points out)
Though on a smaller scale,I got caught when Speedferries went under,as I still had valid tickets which were purchased some 12mths before(open Supersavers).
I simply provided proof of purchase,in my case the e mail detailing remaining crossings,and got a full refund.However,it might be pushing your luck to get the refund by 5th Feb and,realistically,to book anything,it needs to be sooner than that.No idea if its possible to 'push' your CC company...worth a try though?

I too hope it all works out.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx wrote:
coxy84, also see here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=84982 and here (Skola at Sat 14 Jan, 12 at 22:56)
22:56 http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=82912&start=80

If you change the number at the end of your link to 96 then you link to the exact post - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=82912&start=96
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
coxy84, Sad if you cant get your money by 5th Feb can you not re-book for later in the season? Good luck!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bertie bassett, clever clogs wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If I don't get the money back before then I'll have to book later in the season I guess - depending on when I can book off at work. I'm just so disappointed, I was so looking forward to my holiday! Sad Looking at Austria now - I never have any luck with French holidays!

Thanks for all the replies and the links to Skola's comments. Hope he manages to find work in Aple D'Huez. Such a shame for all the staff out there.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
coxy84, Just a thought and a way round it if you don't get your money back before 5th February. Take out a new credit card then book the holiday on it. Then when you get your money back for your original holiday just pay your new credit card off. Not sure if your in a position to do this but it's just one way of getting around the issue and not being out of pocket. Conditions are amazing and with more snow forecast, it would be a shame to miss it! Good luck!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
just checked thier ATOL number and they do have one which is genuine, it says the registered company name is 'Merebeech Ltd'.......if you 'google' that, you can get the following info...... thier capital listed last november was only 30k! and it also shows recent changes in directors.......... i would definately report to ATOL at least......
http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/merebeech
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
coxy84, very sorry about your holiday - what a miserable experience. Sad A good job you checked.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
coxy84, very sorry about your holiday - what a miserable experience. Sad A good job you checked.
Hi I have the same hotel booked through take me too ski and just payed my balance last Monday! does anyone have the telephone number of the Le Grande Rousses hotel in Alpe Dhuez to check if they actually have any record of my booking, or does anyone have any other info on this situation? I payed by debit card and abit worried I might not be covered!? HELP!! Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hayley0138, welcome to snowheads. snowHead Have a look at the thread about this in the Apres Zone.
snow report
pam w, hayley0138, I gave the links earlier in the thread.
latest report
hayley0138, it would appear that there's no-one at the hotel, and even if there were they probably wouldn't have the least interest in your booking, as they haven't been paid and seem to be out of a job. You need to chase their head office.
snow report
Hayley,

Check the link above to Skola's thread. Skola was employed by Take Me Too and is still at the hotel now - might be able to give you some help.
ski holidays
The company is part of Phoenix which went into administration on Saturday.
They have an atol for flight inclusive holidays and the non flight holidays should have had money in a trust fund - the administrators will be looking into this.

There are issues as to whether any holidays will happen as it appears there has been a stike at the hotel as staff have not been paid.

It remains a fluid situation
snow conditions
Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd share my experience on this. I've also booked a holiday through Take Me To Ski for 4 people leaving on 4th March to go to the Hotel Les Grande Rousses for a week.

After being informed about the situation this morning by my brother (an avid skier and internet forum trawler) it is indeed true that part of the company is in administration. I spoke to a girl at Take Me To Ski this afternoon and she has informed me that 'Phoenix Holidays' is the part of the company that has gone bust and not themselves. Therefore after confirming my booking number it was still possible to get a refund. To all those trying to get through to Take Me To Ski and do the same I recommend you try this number as it worked for me: 01452 886279.

I've been told I will be receiving a refund in 7 days (best case scenario) which is better than nothing I guess so will let you know how I get on.

Hope this helps
James
snow conditions
Cool [/table]

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 3-07-12 12:08; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
The parent company is in administration and none of the staff or the ski hire company have been paid. The chap who was in charge of the hotel has left France. I have this from someone in the resort who is owed money for services supplied to the company and not paid for. Hotel phone number 0033476 80 33 11
ski holidays
Sad nows and sorry to all who are worried that they've lost their holiday.

coxy84, We have availability in Tignes 4th February. If you don't get your money back in time we'd be happy for you to come anyway and pay just for your lift pass and transfers if you need them and pay us the rest either when you get your money back OR, say, after 3 months ... whichever is closer.

This applies to anyone affected ... IF we have availabiliy in any of our resorts on your required dates and you've not had your money back from this we'll ask only that you pay for lift passes and transfers up front and pay us the rest later.

Hope that helps! snowHead
ski holidays
Lizzard wrote:
hayley0138, it would appear that there's no-one at the hotel, and even if there were they probably wouldn't have the least interest in your booking, as they haven't been paid and seem to be out of a job. You need to chase their head office.

i wouldnt say no one cares but we are in no position to help at all. we no longer have jobs and have not been paid properly paid. seasonaires abandonded just like the customers. the phone is currently unmanned but i try to answer it when i can.
latest report
Joanne Mountainsun, thats an amazing offer snowHead snowHead
snow report
Skola, Sad hope things work out for you
snow report
Joanne Mountainsun,

The spirt and generosity of snowHead s amazes me - that is a fantastic offer.

Good luck to all customers and staff involved - I hope everything works out for everyone.
latest report
Thanks guys. At the moment im a ski bum but ironically i didnt ski today...job hunting and looking into whistler for next year
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Beware! Another company with same Tignes Chalets as Take Me To Ski has started up...surprisingly with same address in Gloucester. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy