Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hochkönig

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've heard the back bowls at Hochkönig can rival Aspen! Can anyone confirm this and tell me where I can find out more info on them?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hinterthal.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is that where the back bowls are? Are there any websites with info?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BUMP.

Have any SH been there? Any chance of a candid report? A quick tour via the search function doesn't throw up much, ol reliable 'google' throws a fair weight of information. From what I can gather Hinterthal sits at the end of a valley with a few other 'minor' resorts along the road including Maria Alm, which appears to be the more commercially recognised in the valley. A fair weight of information details the ability to access the Ski Amade region and that it's a hidden secret with it's own micro climate so....

How does it compare to the more well know resorts (price wise) think family of 3 - 5 hotel or pension style accn in the Obergurgl area?
Snow sure? Given height this is debatable - but micro climate suggests otherwise..
Ability to access the Ski Amade (if required - is there enough on offer in the valley?)
Powder, bowls to rival Aspen? Bold claim? What's the off piste like?
Do you know anyone who has property there or can you recommend anywhere - websites please Smile

Thanks, planning for Xmas and new year 2012 in full swing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
matricks,
Quote:
Thanks, planning for Xmas and new year 2012 in full swing

So I'm not the only one who starts planning next season before this seasons finished then!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Hochkönig area is now lift-linked all the way from Maria Alm (Abergbahn) to Mühlbach (in both directions). The Königstour circuit right round can be a fine day's skiing (for good intermediate skiers). Some friends and I skied a short part of this last Friday; there is a report here. Other parts of the Ski amadé region are a distance away, so you need transport to get to them. If you want to combine the Hochkönig with other Ski amadé areas, it would be better to stay at the Mühlbach end (there is a snowHead who has a chalet there, see Haus Wasserbauer - they can probably tell more about the area).

Presently the snow conditions are fantastic, though we didn't do any real off-piste. However, much of that snow arrived in the last week, so there's no guarantee what conditions might be like in December.

Can't say much about prices (despite spending a night in a hotel in Maria Alm after leaving my house keys in my car being serviced in Saalfelden Embarassed). However, my impression is that the area offers good value for money.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
espri,

Brilliant, thank you very much.

This is what SH is all about Smile

Cheers!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arrived back from Maria Alm last sat, conditions were great, again didn't venture off piste, snowed heavily 4 of 6 days so felt off piste anyway! Relatively cheap compared to much of the alps, easy to get around, buses reliable between towns if the top lifts close due to wind. Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have stayed a couple of times in Dienten and once in Maria Alm. Great little ski area. Much preferred Dienten, bang in the middle of the area so great for the skiing but hardly any nightlife with the exception of http://www.skilehrermusi.com/
We stayed both times in Dienten at www.vitalhotelpost.at which is an excellent hotel, walk out of the ski room and straight onto the Gabhuhel chair. Lift upgrades in the last two years have really improved the area in terms of getting around although I will miss the Burgalm T-Bar Sad for some reason. Some excellent mountain huts throughout the area and all are great value. 30 mins from Dienten to Dorfgastein by car so possible to get around Ski Amade from Hochkonig region.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
lilywhite, 3offthetee,

Thanks for the info, i think a PM to Haus Wasserbauer, is in order to get the full detail and who knows even accn too!

Just wish i was going tomorrow, Italy in March seems ages away Sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy