Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help me compile a hire list

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Going to have to hire skis in Westenforf this year (21st jan), as I've sold my trusty Rossignol Radical ti's, which have been a brilliant piste ski for the last couple of years, as I'm now looking to spend a little more time off piste.

I was looking ideally for the Salomon X Wing Tornado ti a couple of years old, but couldn't find any anywhere to buy (I tried them one day in Dec and they were absolutely brilliant - exactly what i was looking for - superb grip on piste, short and wider radius turns, and really allowed me to start 'flowing' properly on medum gauge off piste.

I would like any opinions and advice on what to look out for in the hire shops to test from this years models, almost certainly looking for an all mountain ski, but with a piste bias, i.e. not too fat.

Have also skied the salomon Lords, which were also great.

Some other ideas from a little research are..

Scott reverse

Rossignol experience 78

Fischer watea 84

Atomic blackeye ti

(can't relly find an equivalent salomon ski, any ideas?)

Thanks, Neil.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think you'll be lucky to get much choice, and will almost certainly struggle to hire anything other than piste skis.

Although I guess I haven't hired from Westendorf for a few years now.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
neilkav, Dynastar Oultand - probably the Pro model.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
K2 Rictor should be on your list. I skied it last year off-piste with a guide, and used in on-piste to get to the off-piste bits. I've just got back from ski trip, where I rented the Atomic Blackeye Tis. A good ski but not as easy to use as the K2 (my impression), I skied it all over the mountain in all conditions.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all, will check out the suggestions, ta!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
what about

Rossingol Experience 88, or S3

Salomon XT 800, shogun or 2012

Atomic Access

Head Titan

of course it would help if you knew which stock you had to choose from
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skiset have Atomic Nomad Smoke, about 100 Euros.

Choice is a bit limited.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I tried a couple of the skis on your list from a hire shop in Tignes last year with a view to buying a pair. eventually bought the Salomon Enduro XW which I think is probably the closest Salomon ski to the ones on your list. I'm not sure what this years equivaldent is but you may find last year's model for hire somewhere.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy