Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another boot question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm fairly new to skiing having started a couple of years ago and completed about 5 - 6 weeks this far.

I bought some boots through Ellis Brig about 2 years ago and had them "blown" and custom foot beds made at the time. Since having them, I have done about 3 weeks of skiing in them. On the first foray into the snow in December, they were fine. However, this week, I have had a bit of trouble. I have been skiing with some experienced friends and find my feet to be quite painful towards the end of long runs. I noticed this mainly on steep reds and blacks where I am working hard to keep up with them. I have also noted some tenderness when I press on the base of my first metatarsal. I have only noted this now.

My question is, is this because I am working harder in the boots? Or should I be getting someone to look at them for me?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 15-01-12 11:22; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
it may be an alignment issue (mostly front to back or fore aft) it may be boot related or even the skis you are skiing on, if you are being tipped too far forward by either the boot forward lean or the binding delta then you will excessively load the ball of the foot

if the pain is localised to just underneath the first Metatarsal head (you said base that would be mid arch on the medial side so i am guessing you mean head, ball of foot) then it may just be a simple adjustment to your footbeds that is needed to accommodate it
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Cem, thanks for your response. I was skiing Rossi Bandits SC80.

The pain is localised to the inner and slightly upper parts of the head rather than underneath. Perhaps it would be simpler just talking with you. PM on it's way.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy