Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Toko base repair powder

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone tried this as opposed to ptex candles for base repairs? I've got some long wide but not too deep gouges which aren't best suited to ptex repairs - this stuff looks like it might do the job and online reviews seem favourable - wondered if any snowheads had used it?
Ta in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lib-banana, it was rubbish when I tried it. But it was probably operator error.

If the gouges are lengthways down the ski then I'd trim any hanging bits and leave.

Failing that, I'd "key" the gouge, warm and Ptex.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I use it a lot. Tricks I have found are:

Make sure the base is clean first - lots of cleaner and wire brush
Use as little powder as possible - if you use too much then the stuff lower down doesn't met and bond with the base
Work on an iron's-length of ski at a time. Try to avoid reheating the repair
20 seconds with the iron and press HARD
Leave plenty of time to cool before removing foil - alternate work between skis
Let it cool to room temp before attacking with a sharp file to remove excess
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys.
altis, what sort of size dings and scrapes can it handle - I have a 6 or 8 inch gouge which is about 5mm wide and prob 2mm deep plus a couple of small but deep holes - would it give a decent repair in both cases?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you are really concerned, buy a proper P-tex pistol and do the job properly. (Or pay someone to do the same.)

If you want to use a candle or powder as an interim to stop water getting in, then fine. But that is all it will do - they are not IME a permanent repair.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lib-banana, that sounds like a large, but easily manageable scrape.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
altis, Thanks for your help - sounds like it might be worth a crack to patch up the old girl (my board that is!) - I'll let you know how I got on - thanks for helpful tips on use

RobW, Appreciate the point - but I only want to patch it up - its a fairly old board and I do my own waxing etc do I'd like to see if Ivan achieve a reasonable repair on it - only gets used one or two weeks a year so if I can sort it and save a few quid I'd be happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Get a ptex gun from spyderjon as mentioned above... well worth it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+1 for the gun
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy