Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap Austrian resort with nightlife

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Me plus 2 mates are looking for a resort in west Austria for a week in March.

Requirements are:
- lots of snow
- challenging off-piste
- not too expensive
- evening entertainment wink

Obvious venues are St Anton and Ischgl, however accommodation in both is extortionate.
So I've been looking at some smaller resorts, namely Damüls/Mellau and Schruns but I'm assuming they will both be very quiet in the evenings.

Are there any Austrian resorts west of Innsbruck which have apartments for less than 600 euros for a week, and plentiful opportunities for pulling a Scandinavian beauty, without having to rely on taxis to get you home at closing time? Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You don't have to pay a fortune in St Anton there are loads of B&B's out of town, we stayed in the Alpenrose in Untergand which is right on the outskirts but is by the first bus stop so no battling for a seat and it is only 10 mins to town on the bus if you get the one that goes up the main road and the bus runs till 2am (not free on night bus but cheap and easy). Free ski storage by the lift comes with the deal so couldn't be better. The accommodation was 36 euro a night B&B last March, breakfast basic but place was nice and clean and well run by Albert and his wife. Fly to Zurich, train to St Anton you could do it within 600 euro easy.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hd, I'm off to St Anton the last week of March. Catered chalet, lift pass, carriage, £630 with Crystal. What makes it cheap is that we booked ahead and got 2 for 1 lift passes. There is still accom availible that week with Crystal but no pass offers so I guess the same holiday will be circa £800. I still don't reckon that's too bad as you're getting most of your meals so easier to budget. If your budget is 600 euro for accamdation only maybe you those sorts of costs will be OK?

For your requirements (namely the off-piste) all roads lead to St Anton.

Soll will be cheap as will Mayrhofen but Soll has no real off piste or on piste challenges for that matter-Mayrhofen will be a bus ride to some 'good' off piste.

Next alternative will be Solden maybe?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies. Just to clarify, our budget is 600 euros for one apartment, i.e. no more than 200 euros each.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy