Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel Insurance for pre-existing injuries... help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Right so here's the deal... Mid-October I broke my left humerus (ironically) pretty bad skiing, and had to have an operation, resulting in an arm that will beep when I go to an airport. I'm having difficulty finding travel insurance for a ski trip in a week in a bit.... The standard insurers (boots, post office etc) wont touch me with a bargepole. I tried Dogtag Insurance, who WILL cover me and my arm, but WONT cover me to go in the snowpark or do any sort of freestyle (which is what I'm after... that's how I broke my arm in the first place!). Snowcard Insurance wont touch my arm at all. AllClear Insurance would cover me, but they don't appear to know exactly what the deal is with ski cover.... There are absolutely no guidelines on their limits for on/off piste, park, pipe, freeride, touring etc...

Does anyone have any advice or even suggestions as to who else there might be for me to travel with?? Or has anyone used AllClear insurance before??
Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Murray
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Murray, my family are with Dog Tag. When my daughter had an op. and I wanted ski cover that would include the operation site and any complications arising, Dog Tag put me through to their medical insurance line and I bought kind of an extra policy (for only a few pounds) that covered that eventuality. Have DogTag suggested that you speak to that medical sub-group yet? If you've only tried for an on-line quote from them it might be worth phoning them.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I use direct travel insurance for my insurance with a pre-existing back injury. Just end up paying a bit extra (similar to the above post).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers, yeah I tried them first. They will cover me, but the don't cover anyone for freestyle skiing in the snowparks... sorry if I didn't make that clear!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Murray, Not much help on the insurance but the metal plate on my humerus hasn't set any airport metal detectors, kind of annoying really
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Murray, Where are you going and what do you want covered? If you're in Europe your EHIC will give you medical cover, including your arm. If you're worried about how you'll get off the hill then there's usually local insurance available with your pass or through carte neige or similar?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Murray, are you still being trreated for your injury? Do you have a letter from your doctor to say you can ski? This may make it easier. Hubby has metal work in his neck, it doesn't beep at the airport, he was very disappointed.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I broke my arm skiing last year and have plenty of metal holding it together. Insure and Go covered me for no extra cost, freestyle stuff in the parks covered as officially on piste, off piste only covered as standard with a guide (although think you can pay a supplement if you want to go alone).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy