Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

heads up on la Thuile

Poster: A snowHead
anyone out in la Thuile at the mo whats the snow like ???? I am out there on 29th jan yeeee cant wait
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks good on webcam and reporting all open except 2 Blacks and 1 Red., save some snow for us, we're out the week after you, getting excited now Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jd1960,

In La Ros on 29th for a week, will be bashing over to La Thuile most days to enjoy cheaper Piste side drinks at lunch, then wanging back to the Moo Bar in La Ros for afternoon drinkies after finishing on the slopes Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
muke which cam are you looking at ????
i looked at the live cam of le planica in la Ros thought it was right next to La Thuile and snow depths would be the same
....but it seems i am wrong La Thuile not had much snow as La Ros
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boulevard, Les Suches

www.lathuile.net or www.http://www.woodyatt.f2s.com/index.htm
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
jd1960, Hi Just back today the pistes are in great condition, did not do any off piste so can't help with that. Did not queue for a lift all week which was fantastic, I hope you have a great time.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skid&slide Hi thanks for that I wont be doing any off piste I am going with my grandson age 11 and my cousin they are both beginners.

has anyone got any advice for best places to eat (cheap) in La Thuile ,,,,, or things to do in evening with kids Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jd1960 Parked at the chair below La Rosiere (above Seez) & skied over to La Thuile yesterday. Had a fantastic day - the pistes in both resorts are in generally excellent nick, with virtually 100% packed powder. The exceptions were the odd black run or two, which were scarily slick on my skis that desperately need edging!

Also, as it was changeover day, we felt like we had the place to ourselves - the run back to the car park was about 5000 ft vertical and we saw 2 other skiers - a great run to finish our holiday. Will post some pictures later.

Don't know the ski area very well so didn't really look for off piste - though it appears nowhere near as tracked as Espace Killy, where we spent the previous 6 days.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just back from La Ros and already feeling depressed to be back to the boring routine tomorrow.....

Conditions were better in La Ros then Thuille (better snow and weather - no wind).....Having said that the past week was great, sunshine everyday, perfect snow, everything was just perfect......

You will have a fantastic time, relax and enjoy!!!!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks guys for all your reples
and I am not worried about the slick conditions of the black as i will be sticking to blue and red lol

13 more sleeps yeeeeesssss
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yup we're heading out there on the 29th too. Staying in the Planibel apartments. Can't wait!!!

Especially can't wait to try out the new GoPro!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks like there will be a few of us in La Ros and La Thuile from 29th Jan.

As i have no snowheads stickers, i shall wear a red rose on my ski jacket so you can all recognise me and say hello Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DoA what is a GoPro???? Puzzled Timbo I will have a white hemet and a white and green spyder ski jacket say hello if you see me Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GoPro -> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gopro (jk wink)

It's a HD head cam.

http://youtube.com/v/GUEZCxBcM78

Getting a bit concerned about snow depths as my iPhone app (brilliant free app) 'Ski Club Great Britain Snow Report' gives the snow conditions as 'Improving'....

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sat 21-01-12 15:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Timbobaggins wrote:
Looks like there will be a few of us in La Ros and La Thuile from 29th Jan.

As i have no snowheads stickers...
Easily remedied... Wink
snow report
According to the Ski Club of Great Britain report La Rosiere had 20cm yesterday & La Thuile had 5cm yesterday.

Here's a quick story from La Thuile http://t.co/08srzcWH
latest report
More snow forecast for La Thuile over the next few days ... just in time for our Sunday arrival!!

If anyone sees me out on the pistes (or in the bars Happy) I'll be wearing:

Black Salopettes (North Face)
Black Jacket (Trespass)
Black / Green Lid (Red) w/ GoPro headcam stuck on top
snow report
Spoke to a friend who lives there, and he says snow good right down to the village.
snow conditions
Less than a week to go b4 we head out to LT.
Very Happy
We're staying at Hotel Piccolo san Barnardo which doesn't appear to have any but can anyone advise on the amount of WiFi available in the village. Is there any up in the mountain restaurants ?
snow conditions
muke, I stayed at the Piccolo San Bernardo in 2010. It's a lovely little family run hotel right in the middle of the village, quite basic but large rooms and excellent food. I don't think there is any wifi, but I don't ever take a laptop or anything like that with me when I go skiing. It's nice to be uncontactable for a week. However, I'm pretty sure I remember people using laptops in the big self service place at the top of the gondola.
latest report
Quote:

It's nice to be uncontactable for a week

I completely agree, if only the rest of the family were the same .
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy