Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing with a 16 month old: where to go with 3 hours of Zurich

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
To avoid withdrawal symptoms after the b-day bash I am looking to organise a small family holiday with our 16 month old girl (as she will be then).

I searched the great repository of knowledge that is this forum and I am slightly wiser: ideally I need somewhere with a relatively flat village centre for pram pushing and some sledging nursery slopes for snow play and that I can ski down to assuming I can find a babysitter and hit the slopes.

My questions is where?

We live in Ruschlikon near Zurich and my family will be flying in to join us. HUbby will be working but if it's within 3 hours journey can join us for the two weekends either end which would avoid a family feud (that is me fuming that he really must come skiiing with us)

So:
within 3 hours from Zurich (real 3 hours as opposed to super optimistic transfer times by a helicopter)
not very expensive - no St Moritz
good intermediate skiing
something to do in the village for whoever takes care of Mlle as she cannot be in the snow for too long at a time
snow sure for late March

Thank you so much in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, I'm in a similar situation (we're just on the other side of the lake in Meilen and have a 13mth and a 2.5 year old). Only just arrived in Switzerland so can't say what would be the best but I can say that we were in Davos over Xmas and I think it fits the bill. Not the prettiest village (city really) but it is large, fairly flat and had loads of people pushing prams. There's sledding and plenty to do for non-skiers. And there are at least one or two spots where you could ski to and the little one could be sledding being bottom of Jakobshorn and I think also Schatzalp (can't remember how to spell and haven't actually been but apparently there is sledding and easy skiing). You've got better access to the highway from your side of the lake but even from our place it would normally be less than two hours.

If you take trips to the snow from Canton Zurich and have a little one maybe we should get in contact. You never know we might one day be able to share babysitters...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not sure if its quite within 3 hours but we're going to Serfaus in Tirol this Feb. The village centre is pedestrianised and they really tailor themselves to the family market. Might be worth a look. www.serfaus.com
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kappl has a great nursery mid mountain and allows you to meet your daughter at lunch etc. The nursery complex is huge and looked great for young kids - our kids are well past that stage but did think it looked a great place for toddlers. www.kappl.com Very good value accomodation and should be within your 3 hours of Zurich (it's about 35 mins or so from St Anton)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy