Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone have any problems with giro tune ups build quality?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a set of tune up speakers for my giro helmet. Only thing stopping me is that i only saw 2 reviews on amazon for this product and they both seemed negative saying the build quality wasn't very good and they broke easily?

So i wondered if any of you guys have used tune ups and can vouch for the build quality / durability?

Thanks in advance

Al
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The_Mac_Daddy, yes, I've had two sets, and yes, they don't last long! A right pain, given the high cost.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's a shame. In that case i think i'll just buy some cheaper motocycle helmet speakers or maybe modify a set of regular headphones.....

Thanks for the feedback pam

Al
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've just found a helmet in Decathlon, with built in music. It's cheap (35 euros, special offer), comfortable, fits well, the sound is good. The bad news? It's lime green (the only alternative was pink). It also didn't fit well with my Bollé goggles. But it fitted perfectly with the OH's Oakleys. So we swapped. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well I took a punt and bought some Panasonic-RP-HS46E-W-Slim-Clip-Earphone they only cost me £6. I cut the arms off and the bit of the surround that holds the arm so I was left with just the round speakers and they fitted perfectly into the foam pods of my giro helmet. They sounds really good and are very comfortable, I am very impressed with my DIY solution.

Al
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The_Mac_Daddy, sounds sweet. snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had some, not good, and unless your helmet is particularly large around the ears, there is no room for them. Just use ordinary buds
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers twoodwar, glad I decided to DIY it now. The panasonic speakers i fitted are very slim, in fact they really are a perfect fit for my helmet. There is no difference in comfort with the speakers fitted since they're the same depth as the foam padding.

Al
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The_Mac_Daddy wrote:
Well I took a punt and bought some Panasonic-RP-HS46E-W-Slim-Clip-Earphone they only cost me £6. I cut the arms off and the bit of the surround that holds the arm so I was left with just the round speakers and they fitted perfectly into the foam pods of my giro helmet. They sounds really good and are very comfortable, I am very impressed with my DIY solution.

Al

Haha, I did exactly the same thing a few years ago! They weren't the same headphones but looked just like these, found them for a fiver in TKMaxx.
I did this after taking one look at the cost of Giro Tune-ups & thought they look just like normal slim clip on headphones without the clips.
They are great and have lasted a few trips now.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Awesome munkee, great minds think alike eh Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy