Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SOLL AUSTRIA

Poster: A snowHead
hello we are going to soll 21st of jan, this is our 3rd time sking ,first in austria, we would still class oursleves as beginners( last time we skied was 3 years ago), can anyone recommened were to go around soll for beginner sking?, is it far between scheffau and soll and is their a bus? any advice would be much apprciated Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
last time I went to soll was years ago so I wouldn't be much use for recommending areas, but from what I remember it is a lovely place, and especially with the recent snowfall it will be an amazing holiday, perfect conditions!

With skiing its a bit like riding a bike, you'll never forget! I would say that the first 1-2 days you will probably be trying to get your confidence back up but after that i'm sure you'll be fine and have a great time!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
last time I went to soll was years ago so I wouldn't be much use for recommending areas, but from what I remember it is a lovely place, and especially with the recent snowfall it will be an amazing holiday, perfect conditions!

With skiing its a bit like riding a bike, you'll never forget! I would say that the first 1-2 days you will probably be trying to get your confidence back up but after that i'm sure you'll be fine and have a great time!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ovalfan1, There's a couple of easy slopes at the top of the first bubble lift from Soll. Both off to the right as I recall, but good to get your legs back on and progress to the other slopes above Soll and beyond. There's no need to go to Scheffau to find skiing suitable for a beginner.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thaks alot for your replies, iv heard that it has snowed a bit in the last week their so really looking forward to getting their.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mfamily2 is right, get to the top of the 1st Gondala and head (and behind) right for chairlifts to a couple of nice and easy blues. As it's your 1st time you'll be off these in no time. The Skiwelt area is massive! So if you decide to go out to Ellmau/Scheffau make sure you have time to get back (unlike myslelf and hed to get last chairlift with one of the mountain crew).
Lot's of great places to eat on the slopes and nightlife is ace. The run down to Soll is a pretty decent red and might be tricky in places but you can reward yourself in the lively bar at the bottom of it!

I might be going again this year - but keeping an eye out for Kitzbuhel.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The piste to the right of the bubble at the middle station is called Salvemoos and is a good beginner slope (there is usually a fun park running alongside it) and then the few reds that are in that part of the ski area are good to progress to once you have your confidence up. After that most of the skiwelt will be fine.

Enjoy your holiday!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks again for your helpful advice, yous have given me more confidence, really looking forward to it
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ovalfan1, Was there,for the second time,at Christmas....you will love it.
Disaster, is correct about the blues to the right of the gondola,and between the chairs is the access point for the blue road back to the bottom station.
The red return route is over to the left of the mid station,but you need to take a chair up to cross over to it.I much prefer that return...the blue road is boring and full of kids ganging up on the corners!

A couple of tips.Store your boots and skis at the gondola station(Edinger)Its not expensive,and you get nice warm boots in the morning + excellent service from the guys there.Really first class.
Watch out for the piste map,not the best.Its said even the locals find it confusing Confused If you ski off towards Brixen,Ellmau etc,turn back at lunchtime or you may get stuck.Some lovely runs in the Brixen area,though the main lifts can get busy(but everyone is so polite,no pushing)
Do the run down to Hopfgarten,though beware!!If you go to the top station,you face a short,sharp black Shocked Better for you to access it via chair 31,tricky to find though.Take chair 46,ski down 250mtrs,and turn right just before a big shed.Follow track across the piste and through the trees.As you go down to Hopfgarten,you will eventually come across the Sunset Hutte on your right.Top food/beer and 80's rock music Toofy Grin
Oh,and the bar/restaurant just down the road from the gondola(The Hexenalm)does a cracking pizza(thin base Italian)mmmm.And the Postwirt(in town)does the best Tiroler Groestl,IMHO.

Enjoy....and welcome to snowheads snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is that Geordie musician still on at the Salvn Stadl? Brilliant. Double bass, brilliant.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As everyone has said, you can find some relatively easy skiing in Hochsöll, at the top of the first gondola up from Söll. At busy times the red run (40a) back down to Söll can be pretty hectic towards the end of the day, so it might be better to take the gondola down if you're not happy with racing kids belting past you.

Rather than Hopfgarten, I think the next easier step up is to work over to Hochbrixen (though there's maybe not much in it between the two). To do that from Hochsöll, take the Keat chairlift (43) and ski over the track to the Silleralm. If you keep high up when you reach the Silleralm, you can continue right on to the Filzboden chairlift (7) - if you get too low for the track to the Filzboden, you'll have to go up the Siller-Keat lift (51) to gain height. That brings you to the Hochbrixen pistes (3,5) (also Scheffau, if you want to go further). To get back to Söll from Hochbrixen, you have to take the Kälbersalve lift (2) and then ski down red piste (51a), then up the Siller-Keat chairlift (51) and on over the track 43a to Hochsöll. The route has one or two moderately steep slopes.

Enjoy your holiday!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
espri, Respect!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good suggestions from espri. To add to them, the Filzboden run itself is a fantastic run; nothing too difficult but a nice, cruisy piste. I could happily ski it over and over again pretty much all day.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ALso, take the 2 man from the mid station of the Hochbrixen gondola, turn right at top and enter restaurant. Order ribs. (and beer/gluwein ec). Very yummy. (as is the rest of the menu.) Be warned lunch at 11.50 is a good idea as otherwise you will need to queue for a table.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thanks again to everyone , all advise is great, am flat out studying piste map ! that ribs and beer sounds tasty mmmm
snow conditions
Quote:
Order ribs. (and beer/gluwein ec). Very yummy. (as is the rest of the menu.)

Accurate description of any mountain restaurant in the area.You cant go wrong food wise Very Happy
The beer is cold,food hot,and the music is errr,different.Remember standing outside a resto,in a blizzard,and everyone was dancing to that all time classic 'Its raining men',playing uber loud over the tannoy.Welcome to Austria Laughing
latest report
hello all just back from a fantastic week in soll, we got on great , done intermediate ski school 2 hours each day it was very good, the instructors seemed to push us on and took us to different areas, hofgarten brixen,eitter and on the last day he took us down 2 blacks , our instructor is local and its his 43rd season their!!! weather was great plenty of fresh snow so conditions were great plenty of powder, we drank ate and danced Austrian(i did some kind of austrian or german dancing! Very Happy )food in the mountain is great and well priced €8 will get you a fresh hearty meal the struddell is hard to pass but beware portions are big 1 struddell does 2. stopped at the igloo village which is a must see, found the people friendly, apre skied in the moonlight bar its highly recommened its just at the end of the blue and red home runs very lively . we were half board in hotel austria, their is a bus going past hotel every 15 or 20 minutes to take you up to gondola i preferred the walk no more than 10 minutes , its a clean basic hotel which is well run, food was excellent and the owner is a lady dressed in traditional austrian dress who was always their and left us out sandwichs and tea when we were leaving early. all in all its nice place which easy to get around , so much more to explore in the mountains so hope to be back, church bells are 06.30 Very Happy , thanks again to all for advice.
snow report
ovalfan1, Another convert then wink Knew you would like it Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy