Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Red Bull Rail Storm - London's Trafalgar Square - Comment, photos, video

Poster: A snowHead
The heading above has been updated for this major event. Scroll below for latest comment, photos, video.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a definite for the diary:

London's Trafalgar Square, recently re-modelled with a much bigger pedestrian space, will host the Red Bull Rail Storm on 20 November.

Building on its debut in Scotland last year, the contest will see 33 of the world’s best rail riding talents, as well as three amateurs, taking on the urban terrain - including a giant staircase, three rails and curved boxes – in a battle for first place and a share of the £30,000 prize purse! 8000 spectators are expected. It's to be a free event.

More details in this report from SnowboardClubUK (SCUK)

No mention of the slope surface to be used - plastic or snow? Will try to find out.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 22-11-05 12:42; edited 5 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Aw...snowboards....and I thought that the thread was going to be about trains wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Goldsmith, It was snow in Glasgow, 'got a vid somewhere it looked like a seriously fun event for all concerned Cool
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry, Elizabeth, they don't

fit in Trafalgar Square
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Elizabeth B, me too
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry about that. Here's another train that won't be in Trafalgar Square

The Cairngorm funicular
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Latest news and information about the big day in Trafalgar Square:

http://www.redbull.co.uk/article.action?documentIntID=1077729204853-158403704

http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/tb.php?/news/article.html?newsid1128956353,37648,

Tickets are free, but must be pre-booked. See the Red Bull link above.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's been some delay in the free tickets being made available for the big night. It's essentially a boarder's event, so priority's been given - understandably - to the excellent www.snowboardclub.co.uk (most notably paid-up members of SCUK) - but a ticket-ordering webpage has now been set up by Red Bull.

Try your luck on here - http://www.redbullrailstorm.co.uk/form/index.html - and let us know if you get lucky. This morning I tried the 'send button', having entered the data, and it wouldn't send.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Goldsmith, i managed it no problems, it then comes up with the message:

".............Thanks for your interest in coming to Red Bull Rail Storm on 20th November. Your request has been successfully entered into the database.

All ticket winners will be notified on Monday 14th November by e-mail. Requests that are not drawn from the ballot will be notified shortly thereafter."

Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
OK, the good news is that you may get to be the Battle of Trafalgar reporter!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

Coincidence, I was reading about the above Red Bull freeskier yesterday, I'm sure people will be storming to Trafalgar Sq to watch if she's there! Another more osé photo here...

Article here
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
request submitted... hope i get a good response in November
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SoulSports have a fabulous 3-D impression of what Trafalgar Square will look like once Red Bull have taken over: look see.

Lord Nelson clearly gets the best view, but the grandstand seating is interesting. I've never seen a set-up like that in the Square. There was talk that the event would be screened off from the public, but I should think anyone who can't get a ticket will still see the action from the east and west sides of the Square.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Red Bull have made it clear on their website that ticket applications can be made up to 13 November, and will then be drawn by ballot, so I guess you stand the same chance of winning one anytime up to that date. Clearly a better bet than the National Lottery, and it may also change your life.

Here's their latest news:

http://www.redbull.co.uk/article.action?documentIntID=1077729204853-158403704
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Here's an update on London's big day, from Natives.co.uk.
ski holidays
I have 2 shiny tickets, well Mobi tickets!
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, how did they arrive? - by e-mail or by post (I applied too).
ski holidays
Nick L, I got an email with all the details - ticket is a mobi ticket- sent to your mobile
snow report
Crying or Very sad

i didn't get any tickets - just got an e-mailing telling me so, enjoy the event Nade!

RED BULL RAIL STORM 2005

WE RECEIVED MANY THOUSANDS OF TICKET REQUESTS FOR RED BULL RAIL STORM AND SADLY YOUR REQUEST WAS NOT DRAWN FROM THE BALLOT..

RED BULL RAIL STORM TV PROGRAMME
You can still catch the event highlights programme on Freesports on 4 (on Channel 4) on Saturday 17th December at 7.30am and the results and event photos/videos will be posted on the event website very soon after the event.

Thanks for your ticket request and for your interest in this event.

Please go to: www.redbullrailstorm.co.uk
ski holidays
The Telegraph are up for it:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=P8&xml=/health/2005/11/15/hsnow14.xml

The problem is the last paragraph: 'shome mishstake shurely', as they say.
latest report
Dan, hard luck, I have had a positive e-mail - so looking forward to receiving my "Mobi" and bumping into Nadenoodlee, in the crowd of 8,000 wink
snow report
Who's going to transmit live pics? This could be good!
snow report
Nick L, I will be by the bar!- see you there for a plastic tumbler of tart fuel!
snow report
Noodleperson, we need you to operate a camera, not a plastic tumbler.
snow report
David Goldsmith, you are having a laugh!! I have a mobile with video recordery type thing- but it'll be dark and blurrey! all video-ing privledges are passed onto Nick L, Razz leaving me safe to drink my red bull!
ski holidays
My phone is not up to it - my new camera is however - but the lack of light will probably be a "challenge". Noodlelady - look out for a bald old g1t with wife and two teenage lads in tow. It has proved a fantastic free way to finish off our 22nd wedding anniversary weekend which we already had got planned but David Goldsmith, it was your thread that alerted me to the possibilities, thanks.
latest report
Nick L, how did you manage 4 tickets?!?! and why are you taking your kids on your anniversary weekend!?!!
latest report
I applied in four names (self, wife and two sons) with our four different mobile phone numbers and got lucky. Yes, I'm not quite sure how it seems to have become established fact that if Mum and Dad are off to the theatre the children come too. Mad The only consoling factor is that I got such a good hotel deal that they are not sharing our room. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nick L, Have a great weekend! Give the kids a travel card and hey presto- child free weekend!
snow conditions
A friend got tickets and now has given them to me so i may go............ Toofy Grin
snow report
oooh you'll need a mobi ticket- got mine yesterday very exciting/weird
snow conditions
Hi Noodlee - got mine yesterday evening too - yes, bar codes appearing in text messages are very wierd. Incidentally one failed to get through because I had guessed the wrong make of phone for my son so the message came through as "Not Compatible"- but they have been very helpful and re-sent now that I have worked out what phone he has. V impressed with the degree of service considering that it is free. Very Happy
None of the family are boarders but that doesn't mean that we aren's looking forward to seeing loads of stunts. We prefer two planks. Cool
snow conditions
Trafalgar Square has a good live webcam ...
http://www.camvista.com/england/london/trafsq.php3
... refreshed every few seconds ...
showing the construction of the rail staging and grandstands well underway.

[acknowledgements to 'the doctor' on the SCUK forum for that tip]
snow conditions
gutted... I was unsuccessful... oh well maybe next year...
snow report
mountain mad, why not get down to the smoke anyway, buy a one-day bus pass (£3) and cruise around Trafalgar Square (hopefully with the driver spending maximum time at bus stops!).

I reckon you'd see quite a bit - especially if you've a pair of binoculars with you.

I can't actually see how they're going to screen off the action from passing pedestrians anyway. Trafalgar Square is a public open space, so I think there will be an outcry if they are really fencing it off to that extent. What if you're visiting the National Gallery (free, windows)? You'll be right up near the action - there may be other vantage points too, with a bit of ingenuity.

Red Bull said you wouldn't see it if you don't have a ticket, but I reckon they're exaggerating wildly.
ski holidays
Here's a short report on the innovative mobile phone ticketing technology - Mobiqa - which has been used for the Rail Storm event, from The Retail Bulletin.

The US magazine Transworld Snowboarding has a report on the event, with full competition details: click here.
snow report
David Goldsmith wrote:
mountain mad

Red Bull said you wouldn't see it if you don't have a ticket, but I reckon they're exaggerating wildly.

Red Bull gives you wings as they say in the ad Puzzled
snow report
... but of course!

I guess they couldn't get away with "Red Bull gives you horn"
snow report
Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Well, today's the day! News updates available on the official event website:
www.redbullrailstorm.co.uk
Also, check SCUK's site:
www.snowboardclub.co.uk
And that Trafalgar Square webcam:
www.camvista.com/england/london/trafsq.php3 (a bit distant, but gives an idea of the scale of the event)

If anyone can file news and photos of what's goin' down ... post away.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy