Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les deux alpes v st anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
intermediate skiers with daughter - been to st anton countless times - love the place but thinking of going to les deux alpes - will i be disapointed ? - we like a lively the apres ski 4-6pm - in doors thereafter - hate french beer! any advice welcome?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No contest. Although as far as France goes I don't dislike L2A and the apres is pretty good.

How old is your daughter, if you know St Anton well you'll know better than anyone if the skiing is suitible.

Lots of resorts out there, many in Austria that you should consider above L2A IMO.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wouldn't even think about L2A compared to St Anton. If you want to change to France then Val D'Isere has both the skiing variety and lively apres, both on mountain and in town. Meribel/Courchevel perhaps a distant second choice. Neither is cheap but there are bars in both where the beer is palatable. In my personal and subjective view, L2A is an unattractive, spread out town, has congested pistes and a lift system that's nothing to shout about.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
prbrown, I love L2A, I've been many times and have also been to St Anton once. However from what you've said it isn't for you, apres is far more subdued although the bar at 2600m does try as do some of those in town. Of course they all sell french beer, after all it's in France wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
prbrown wrote:
thinking of going to les deux alpes - will i be disapointed ?

It's just 'OK' - Not exactly disappointing but somehow unlovable.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have to agree with the majority on here and say i wouldn't change to L2A. For apres nothing beats St Anton, but as intermediate, suggested Val d'Isere has the Folie Douce for apres before a ski down.... You could stay in Tignes which would be cheaper and there are several good places for apres. Skiing wise there is so so much to do in the Espace Killy.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
prbrown, Have been to st Anton loads. We've taken the kids to oberlech and stuben for a more family friendly base but still managing to get over to the moos/griabli a few times. The last 2 years we went to kappl which had surprisingly good après and with ischgl just up the road is an excellent base for a family trip
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks guys - back to st anton - leave on 22nd - just booked cant wait.....let it snow
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy