Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 days to ski 3V, Paradiski, Killy

Poster: A snowHead
I got a bit overexcited and agreed to a 3-resorts-in-3-days trip. Staying in B St. M. Don't ski France much (more of a Tirolean) so it seemed like a good way to get to know the place.

Can any of you Francophiles explain how to get the most out of this trip..? Eg any tips or tricks with where to start each day...optimum ski routes...use car or bus (or both) ...anything like that.

Cheers! Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AntonAusTirol, save yourself some pain and just ski Les Arcs/LA Plagne over the 3 days. Its only 140km per day to ski the lot Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you can honestly say you have 'skied' 3V, Paradiski and the EP in 3 days I will give you £3,000,000.00.... 3 years and you will have just scratched the surface.

My advice.... 'enjoy it' step by step and don't kills yourself trying to fit in some 1000+ KM's of skiing in in 21 possible hours on the slopes - That is 50km/h non-stop for 21 hours.... allow for lift time and 'faff' time and you can triple that therefore you need to ski every piste at downhill racer pace for 3 whole days.... you aint gonna see much.

(NB: Yes I know you did not mean EVERY piste in three days but still its gonna be one heck of a ride!)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Can any of you Francophiles explain how to get the most out of this trip..?

Choose just one of those domains. Then you have just a slight chance of getting the feel of the way it works. Just a kind of introductory feel. If you chose the 3V you could do one V a day.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well 600km in 3V, 425km in Paradiski and 300km in EK... 1,325km of piste!!

Bearing in mind that 3Vs is 3 major resorts, EK and Paradiski 2 each so that's 7 major resorts in their own right...

May as well pick 3 of the 7 based on travel times and do one each day and just get a day pass for each if you're really set on it. You still won't even scratch the surface but it could be a good laugh.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
plus factor in the driving time - say around 45 minutes from Bourg upto Tignes/Val D'izzle (although 3 hours has not been unknown recently!) and say about 60 minutes into somewhere like le praz for 3v

I hope you've got your own kit otherwise the pfaff factor is just too high..
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
5 days are needed.

3V = 1 day
La P = 1 day
Les A = 1 day
EK = 2 days

Alpbach would then be a good antidote

when back in the UK the/a 3 Peaks 'Challenge' would continue the theme
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
red 27 wrote:

when back in the UK the/a 3 Peaks 'Challenge' would continue the theme

The 3 Peaks would have to be completed in 1 hour to keep to a similar time scale of '3V, Paradiski & EK in 3 days' wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We’re just back from this trip - had a whale of a time!

I can confirm that skiing these 7 resorts in 3 days is possible to do, pretty comfortably. The lifts seemed to limit us to skiing 50-60km per day, but that was plenty sufficient to do meandering round trips end-to-end in each domain.

It was a really good laugh and well worth doing. Clearly it’s hardly a dent in the published 1,000kms+ of runs, but I’m comfortable to say we got a good introduction to the resorts.

I’d recommend it – but find somewhere better than Bourg to stay!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
AntonAusTirol, Great. Which one was the best then?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And out of interest, what was wrong with staying in Bourg? It's something I've considered, so would welcome your views.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
After a day in each I don't really feel qualified to hand out opinions, but as you asked here goes!

Tom W wrote:
AntonAusTirol, Great. Which one was the best then?

As far as the ski domains go, 3 Valleys is head and shoulders above the other two. It feels like its got a near-perfect logistical layout and mid-station chairs everywhere, to keep the towns clear. Throw in plenty of glory-runs like Combe Vallon and I don't think you could design a better domain than the 3 Valleys. (The opposite is true of La Plagne.)

As far as individual resorts, Les Arcs had a really relaxed thing going on that appealed to me. Kicking back in the spring sun watching the water-slide skiers was a highlight of the trip. Skiing not bad too!

So if I was heading back for a week, I'd consider a twin centre break at Les Arcs and Val-T.

kieranm wrote:
And out of interest, what was wrong with staying in Bourg? It's something I've considered, so would welcome your views.

Maybe I was expecting too much from Bourg. All of the bars were completely deserted, with the exception of a few drunks. I guess it was late season, but I reckon we only saw a dozen people on the main street for the entire stay. There were some very good (and empty) restaurants though. We were in no hurry to get back after each day on the slopes. As long as you don't go expecting anything like a ski-resort atmosphere, you'll be fine!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you seriously say 3V is head and shoulders above EK, all I can say is you did not ski decent representative slopes in EK. Nothing against 3V, but there are a dozen combe de vallons in EK. If snow conditions are any good you can try the (at least dozen) black ungroomed pistes (also in les arcs), there really is nothing like them in 3V.

Re 0P: if you are in BsM just do paradiski, you could do it in 3 days and they will be 3 fantastic days. Do 3V and EK next year / year after
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Re 0P: if you are in BsM just do paradiski, you could do it in 3 days and they will be 3 fantastic days. Do 3V and EK next year / year after

Agreed

There is absolutely no point in trying all three areas in just three days as you will simply not be able to appreciate them. Paradiski is the obvious choice due to its access from Bourg.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alternatively, you could stay in Bozel and be only a 10 minute car drive to access into each of the two biggest ski regions in the World (The Three Valleys and Paradiski). If you are determined to also visit the Espace Killy, then it is about 80 minutes drive from Bozel.
snow report
Go high in Val Thorens as it's boiling hot and slush in Meribel by midday. M and the other black next to it in Courchevel are pretty good. Bit of a dopey idea though, I'd spend all three days in EK myself.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy