Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Online applications for new E111/EHIC

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The new style E111 (now called the European Health Insurance Card) can now be applied for online. This link will take you to the EHIC website. I applied for my card on Monday afternoon and it arrived this morning. That was somewhat quicker than I was expecting, so no complaints from me.

Quote:
The EHIC card is normally valid for three to five years and covers any medical treatment that becomes necessary during your trip, because of either illness or an accident. The card gives access to state-provided medical treatment only, and you'll be treated on the same basis as an 'insured' person living in the country you're visiting. Remember, this might not cover all the things you'd expect to get free of charge from the NHS in the UK. You may have to make a contribution to the cost of your care.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar.org.uk, You will not be able to use this card in Val Th. E111 is not accepted there in the Cabinet Medical, but then neither is good quality ski insurance, or any credit cards-cash only. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowbunny, not even a credit card? How are you supposed to pay? How many people carry enough cash to deal with even the most minor of injuries? I'm lucky if I carry enough cash for a hot chocolate, never mind an x-ray!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar.org.uk, You are required to pay in cash, that was my exact experience. After a 3 hour stalemate, I gave my UK bank cashpoint card and my pin number to someone I trust to withdraw the cash. My bill was around 550 Euros.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowbunny, sounds utterly bizarre, and a bit of a disincentive for skiing there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I remember you sharing your horrific experiences snowbunny, the thread that came from it is http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=88945#88945
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ray Zorro, Thanks for posting up the link. To me it is disconcerting that admin is proposing an EOSB there. As long as every snowHead attending remembers to buy the insurance that is only sold in the VT lift pass office, regardless of any other cover they may have/or has unlimited funds available on a cash card.
rob@rar.org.uk, It's a disincentive for going back, believe me Shocked
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowbunny, Shocked Shocked

Did you get it back? The money, I mean.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Manda, Yes, after a tussle with the insurer (typical I imagine), less excesses-the usual. The last cheque arrived only after I began a formal complaint with the insurance co. The problem at VT is that they will only accept the insurance that is sold in the VT lift pass offices with the VT lift ticket (and nowhere else).I look upon it as a learning experience Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think it is typical for most Cabinet Medical to require payment, which you then reclaim from your insurers. What seems weird is not accepting credit cards for payment.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

the insurance that is sold in the VT lift pass offices with the VT lift ticket

so if you have a 3V pass purchased elsewhere in the 3V/online and are injured in VT, they won't cart you off until you cross their palms with euros?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
poma, This was my understanding. The only insurance acceptable to rescue services/Medical in Val Thorens is that purchased with a Val Thorens Lift Pass, from their sales offices. Naturally, it would be awful, if you had to "test" this out with a 3 v ticket from elsewhere in the system.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowbunny, Did the tourist office ever get back to you with a proper reply?

I imagine this sort of thing is exactly what the SCGB should take up at resort level, but I guess they would not get involved?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy