Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets Info - Lift Passes, Good Bars etc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

All booked up to go out to Les Gets in the next few weeks and i must say i am very excited.

So now just after some info on the resort and if any of you guys can help? So her comes the list of questions. . .

1. Is there anyway to get a discount on Lift Passes? There are 4 of us going out in total.

2. Any good recommendations on good friendly bars and places to eat?

3. Any thoughts on the Ski Schools - 2 of the group are intermediate Boarders and would like ski school but ideally 2hrs for 2/3 days not the full 5.

4. Suggestions on where to hire a half decent Board for 1 of the party? And also a shop that can do Wax + Edge cheaply and on quick turnaround?

So over to the local experts. Any websites and info will always be helpful so thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stuartW, Jane and rob at the chalet will be able to sort out all your requirements , they know all things local , stayed there for a short break last year and they were great
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stuartW, you order your lift passes here: http://www.skipass-lesgets.com/IntroFlash.aspx. Before going to book, read about group discounts etc here: http://en.lesgets.com/snow-ski/prices.html or here: http://en.lesgets.com/medias/docs/glisse/tarifs_ski.pdf.

Bars: Bush, Canadian (Black Bear), Irish, JCs (formerly the Dublin) for apres ski music on Wednesdays.

Ski schools - ages?

Board - dunno. Probably most places on the front.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Neilski wrote:
stuartW, Jane and rob at the chalet will be able to sort out all your requirements , they know all things local , stayed there for a short break last year and they were great

Scary, I never said where we were staying so how did you know?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stuartW,
Quote:

Scary, I never said where we were staying so how did you know?
New post Tue 10 Jan, 12
20:51 Reply with quote
Quick Repl

not much gets past the people on here!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stuartW, Wild guess wink Or could have been http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=84421&highlight= snowHead
Seriously though when we stayed there last year they helped out loads as we never been before.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stuartW, www.alpinelearningcurves.co.uk for lessons.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Still keen to find out anymore info on the area etc. See original post for things i am looking for?

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stuartW, what else do you want to know?

For ski schools I would add

http://www.ecoledeski360.com/index.html and http://www.skischool.co.uk/

Bars - as andyph says. There is also a new 'Circle' bar close to the cinema which looked small but different

Restaurants - our favourite Le Flambeau has changed hands so can't comment. Has always been popular but now offers more limited exclusive menu. Le Carnozet, in the old village, good Savoyarde menu. La Pela, also close to the ice rink is a beautiful old chalet with a good reputation (pricey). Le Copeaux is probably the most exclusive with a good name but we haven't been in all these years Madeye-Smiley La Taniere is good value, good atmosphere, good food.
L'Remize has good name, old village. L'Op'traken good too, for eat-in typical local menu and take-away pizzas.

Lots of places to hire a board. For our ski needs (have had our own kit for a while now but we still go back for services, chat etc) we go to Berthet Sports on the Front de Neige.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
L'op traken did awesome food - massive goes cheese salads and huge calzone. Waiter there has a Marty Feldman-eseque stare but it just added to the quirkiness.

Black bear was cool. Went in the Irish bar, which was okay. Can't remember much else Smile

A guy we hooked up with in our hotel was doing morning lessons with ESF, board-specific classes. Took them everywhere and had them doing off-piste and black runs by mid-week on Mt Chery. My mate picked it up really quickly but he said the instructor was the nuts. Morning lessons meant he met up with us for lunch then we just pottered around in the afternoon.

Lots of nice runs in Les Gets for beginners and some of the blues are nice and steady Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thaaks for the updates guys. Not long at all till we go now so very much looking forward to trying some of the suggestions.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy